An unexpected surprise today

goatofwonder

Mar 29, 2010
This morning I had a meeting at my company's headquarters, so afterward I walked over to the bank next door. They had three rolls of halves, and since I only had $20 on me I grabbed two of them. The first one yielded nothing, but the second one had a very nasty coin in the middle of the roll. I looked at it and all I could notice was the bottom part of the liberty bell on the reverse of a Franklin half. My first Franklin! It's too bad that it looks like it's covered in tar, but I'll take it.

From then until lunch I was wanting to get the other roll so bad, but I didn't have any cash. At lunch I went by my bank and grabbed $10 and went back to get the other roll, which was still there. When I opened it I saw silver staring at me...over half the roll! I'm so glad I got that one. It yielded 10 40% and 1 90% Kennedy. So today's results are:

1 1958 Franklin
1 1964 Kennedy
10 40% Kennedys

I'll take that any day.

Upvote 0

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score. :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

OP
OP
goatofwonder

goatofwonder

Mar 29, 2010
rileyboy said:
Nice score. Always keep at least $50 in your pocket just in case
rileyboy

Trust me, I would...but the wife still doesn't get the CRH thing.

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
goatofwonder said:
rileyboy said:
rileyboy

I have this all figured out. When I give my girlfriend the wedding ring, I tell her that I paid for most of it with the silver coins.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goatofwonder said:
rileyboy said:
rileyboy

My wife was the same way until I showed her what they were worth. Now she cherrypicks my good boxes and bags. She still rolls her eyes about nickels and cents but I have been working on her telling her how these will hold their value in a hyper-inflation/currency devaluation economy.

Persistance is the key!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread