An Unusual Car

mascallw119

Apr 23, 2010
Quite a number of years ago, I saw a car unlike anything I had ever seen before. The gentleman that owned it was a sportscar enthusiast and said it was called the Recoro, I am not sure if the spelling is correct but I will sound it out here.....REE CORE ROW. The car was a small sports car and the inside looked like the cockpit of a plane. He told me it was iItalian made. It went from 0 to 30 in seconds. Upon going to the movies one evening, he went to park the car and it attracted a few spectators who wanted to get a look at the inside close up. I have never seen anything like it since and the gentleman who owned it went back overseas with it. When I tried to search out the stats of the car on the internet I could not find anything. Has anyone ever heard of this of car or seen anything like it?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mascallw119 said:
Quite a number of years ago, I saw a car unlike anything I had ever seen before. The gentleman that owned it was a sportscar enthusiast and said it was called the Recoro, I am not sure if the spelling is correct but I will sound it out here.....REE CORE ROW. The car was a small sports car and the inside looked like the cockpit of a plane. He told me it was iItalian made. It went from 0 to 30 in seconds. Upon going to the movies one evening, he went to park the car and it attracted a few spectators who wanted to get a look at the inside close up. I have never seen anything like it since and the gentleman who owned it went back overseas with it. When I tried to search out the stats of the car on the internet I could not find anything. Has anyone ever heard of this of car or seen anything like it?

Never heard of this car :icon_scratch: By the way, I can sprint from 0 to 30 in seconds too, so that car is not that great :laughing7:

Tdurre01

Greenie
Jun 5, 2008
effingham,il
spartacus53 said:
Never heard of this car :icon_scratch: By the way, I can sprint from 0 to 30 in seconds too, so that car is not that great :laughing7:
Uh that is highly unlikely the fastest human runner clocked in at 27 mph I i dont think you would be a treasure geek if you could run that fast.You would be to busy getting contracts from people wanting to sponsor you and you would be rolling in your dough

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossilman said:
spartacus53 said:
Uh that is highly unlikely the fastest human runner clocked in at 27 mph I i dont think you would be a treasure geek if you could run that fast.You would be to busy getting contracts from people wanting to sponsor you and you would be rolling in your dough

Ahhh, not so fast grasshopper.. There is a difference between acceleration and MPH

OP
OP
M

mascallw119

Apr 23, 2010
spartacus53 said:
fossilman said:
spartacus53 said:

Ahhh, not so fast grasshopper.. There is a difference between acceleration and MPH

Thank you Spartacus for the notation of acceleration vs. MPH. I had been checking this out for awhile but could find no info. Sometimes you run across something unusual but at the time you may not think to check further into it. I think what prompted me to start to look into it was a visit to a car show and then the memory of that unusual car came back to mind. However, grateful for the posts from all.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you didn't take a picture with your cell phone. It sounds like an interesting one of a kind type of car and I would have loved to have seen it too. I have seen my share of ugly cars too and one that comes to mind is the Scion, it looks like a box of Kleenex on wheels :laughing9:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Scion the little van looking thing that is shaped like a cracker box and is really fugly? Monty

OP
OP
M

mascallw119

Apr 23, 2010
spartacus53 said:
Too bad you didn't take a picture with your cell phone. It sounds like an interesting one of a kind type of car and I would have loved to have seen it too. I have seen my share of ugly cars too and one that comes to mind is the Scion, it looks like a box of Kleenex on wheels :laughing9:

Taking a picture would have been a great idea but I missed my chance. That description of the Scion is hilarious. There is another car too that I passed on the road that looked like a mini hearst and I was so tickled. Spartacus there are some really funny looking cars out there. I love going to the automobile shows though to look at some of these amazing vehicles. The car I am waiting for to be created is the one that can fly over traffic during rush hour. Now that would be the car!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Is the Scion the little van looking thing that is shaped like a cracker box and is really fugly? Monty

Yup, but not a cracker box, it really is a riding advertisement for Kleenex :laughing9:

S

stefen

Saturna said:
Incidentally, my car goes from 0-30 in seconds as well. Quite a lot of them actually. :D

Hell. My wife can go from 0 to 30 in a split second...just pi$$ the old road-runner off and yu'll see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread