Anaconda - Aug 2nd to Aug 8th.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I'll be in the Anaconda area for the above dates if anyone would like to do a little detecting......IF I get my SUV back that is having a clutch installed. Seems that a new clutch was found today in N Y to be delivered to Minn so I can go to Montana. It took a 4 wheel business 2 weeks to find one and this one MIGHT be the only one available anywhere. (2002 Explorer 5 speed---the last yr the clutches were made.) No, I didn't go to the Ford agency in our area to find and install it.......they do extremely poor work as I have previously endured.

OP
OP
G

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I took off to Montana Sat, Aug 1st.....1030 miles to Anaconda, Mt. in my SUV. Visited my son & family for a few days then headed to Denver -- 810 miles to take in 3 Cub / Rockies games. Yeah, the Cubs won only 1 of the 3 we watched....and lost the 4th. Now 810 miles back to Anaconda. No neighborhood construction going on in town so I hit a grammar school playground (quite demeaning to me) and came away with some foreign coin (only a rendering of some guy and "10 euro CENTS"...penny sized, thick, bronze, heavy reeding, 1999......nothing more), $3.21 common change and a 2000-D Sac dollar. I then drove back to central Minnesota....1030 miles in 15 hrs...averaging 68.67 mph, because I had 2 grandkids with me. My record 'run' to Anaconda was last yr when I drove alone....1030 miles in 13hrs-58mins....averaging 73.75 mph which included gas stops and a malt. Zoom-oom!

OP
OP
G

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Ya know AUDuke, you're right. While driving out to Montana I see many places to detect, but I guess I'm always in a hurry. Next yr I'll "cruise", and when I see those places, I'll stop and detect for a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread