Ancient box? Brass? Bronze? Very cool piece, would love some looks!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy!

Picked this up for $5 at a sale... It has that 'ancient' look and feel to it. What do you think? It's probably Bronze?

The hinge and closure is very crudely made. Tons of character. What do you guys think about origin/age? I can't find anything quite like it...

Thanks a lot!

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be a naysayer... but it strikes me as a hand-hammered piece made to look old, crafted in India or Pakistan, and imported for sal by a home decor company like Pier 1 Imports.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to be a naysayer... but it strikes me as a hand-hammered piece made to look old, crafted in India or Pakistan, and imported for sal by a home decor company like Pier 1 Imports.

I appreciate all feedback. Naysaying is allowed. It's certainly hand crafted. Could be middle east. Definitely not a Pier 1 type piece. Look at the picture of the inside. You can 'weather' these things 8 ways from Sunday, but you can tell this box has been breathing the air for at least a century or 10.

I could be dead wrong, too, haha. Everything I find is the Hope Diamond until I get tired of looking at it and pick up something else. *grin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread