Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody. I found what I believe to be an ancient coin. This was found in a VERY old area of the United States. Found next to a sizable gold nugget as well. I can't find anything about it online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All i know is it's made of lead (I think), and the Spanish had a history in the area, but I believe it to pre-date that. Also, found right next to a decently sized gold nugget

Attachments

• 20180616_103104.jpg
    20180616_103104.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 20180616_105823.jpg
    20180616_105823.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • 20180616_105758.jpg
    20180616_105758.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 12
Nice find. Congrats. Sorry can’t help with the ID.

Gotta say...that's a very intriguing find you have there. Hopefully someone can offer you a proper ID. Love the gold nugget too.

Hi, nice finds Congrats:icon_thumright:

Congratualtions on the mice finds! :occasion14:

The coin/token is interesting, but I hope you’re pounding the area that nugget was in! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Hey i bet your not selling that gold detector you have now are ya???? Good job on the gold bro.

I should have went with you smh

Hey everybody. I found what I believe to be an ancient coin. This was found in a VERY old area of the United States. Found next to a sizable gold nugget as well. I can't find anything about it online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All i know is it's made of lead (I think), and the Spanish had a history in the area, but I believe it to pre-date that. Also, found right next to a decently sized gold nugget

Turn it sideways and looks like a face with smile or mustache and a hat on.

Man, I'm shocked that there wasn't any guesses on the coin. It was actually my XLT that found both of those. I'm not too confident with it being a mining coin

I don't see any letters, words or numbers; possible token.
Don..........
Not very old either. More like a fantasy piece, than a real token that had an changeable value. Why someone/company made it, I'll let the researchers find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back