txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;) Ok so maybe not ancient no wheat pennies but here is the story. When I was about 8yrs old I wrapped a bunch of pennies in foil bound it with yarn and buried it outside. I remember doing this, but I don't know what in the world I was thinking when I did it, I was probably bored and saw something on TV about treasure. Who would think years later I would spend a day at my folks recovering it. I dug so much tin foil and beer tabs before locating it that it just was not funny!

Attachments

• PENNY HORDE.JPG
    PENNY HORDE.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,192
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool. I'm glad you found it. Great post.
Thanks,
MM

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Hmm, I guess if we zoom in on some of those dates, we could all tell how old you are now :)

T

TreasureTales

I can understand burying your pennies, girl, but I don't understand why you would bury your beer tabs. What's with that? What's the minimum drinking age in your state? 10? ;D ;D ;D LOL

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gribnitz said:
Hmm, I guess if we zoom in on some of those dates, we could all tell how old you are now :)
ha ha....please don't because the dates probably would make me older than I am, which is 32.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
I can understand burying your pennies, girl, but I don't understand why you would bury your beer tabs. What's with that? What's the minimum drinking age in your state? 10? ;D ;D ;D LOL

sshhh :-X your not suppose to tell anyone! I lived out in the booneys what else was there to do, except get drunk and bury pennies. Then I had to bury the tabs and cans(which I will dig the cans next weekend) to cover up the evidence.

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
That's so cool. My Dad knows where he hid several caches of things when he was a child. The house is no longer in the family and knowing that those caches are they makes me CRAZY!

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very very cool that you found your own childhood cache!!!

Way to go!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Well, now I can say this with true heartfelt conviction -

Girls are silly.

Why oh why wouldn't you have bought candy or firecrackers with that money ?? SHEESH!!!

Unless you planned on digging them up years later, that would be pretty cool.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold fish said:
Well, now I can say this with true heartfelt conviction -

Girls are silly.

Why oh why wouldn't you have bought candy or firecrackers with that money ?? SHEESH!!!

Unless you planned on digging them up years later, that would be pretty cool.

that might be why I buried it..lol we lived like a 45 to the closest town and I did not get to go very often, so perhaps I was hiding it until I could get there. And as a girl, I would of bought shoes....NOT!!! I was all tomboy so firecrackers would of been more like it.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cute story TKG. How long did it take before you located it?

I'm glad you found your pennies and thanks for sharing. Neat story!

arkhunter

Jun 12, 2006
little rock,arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites-garret
txkickergirl said:
TreasureTales said:

sshhh :-X your not suppose to tell anyone! I lived out in the booneys what else was there to do, except get drunk and bury pennies. Then I had to bury the tabs and cans(which I will dig the cans next weekend) to cover up the evidence.

interesting girl....very interesting.....lol

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Like a time capsule, and for you to find it after all those years, you must have had a moment of great memories when you found it. Love the story:)

HH
MC

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
partenr said:
That's so cool. My Dad knows where he hid several caches of things when he was a child. The house is no longer in the family and knowing that those caches are they makes me CRAZY!
So get permission!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread