Ancient Peruvian artifacts

Erezhoff

Aug 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All

I am new to this forum and am looking for assistance in identifying and evaluating some cool artifacts my wife and i recently found.

After searching the internet we found that the artifacts are probably from my wife's late father's visit to Peru in the 80's.

I think we have:

9 Tumis (ceremonial knives). the largest is 11 centimeters tall and 9.5 centimeters wide. The smallest is 7.5 centimeters tall and 6 centimeters wide.

Two traditional pins (tupus), one large with a sun figure and two teaspoons (size: 22 centimeters tall and 9 centimeters wide) and one small, also with a sun figure and a small hole on top which is 10.5 centimeters tall and 2 centimeters wide (on the top side) .

A kind of a silver pin with a flat bottom and a bird on top which is 13 centimeters tall.

Did we get it right? do you have any idea how much these are worth?

e7dec5f4-b06a-4692-a351-3b312082b505.jpg

Thank you!
Erez

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. You plan on selling them? The descriptions you give appear correct. I wish I could offer more information as to age/ authenticity. I'll see what I can come up with as far as value.

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Is that stuff legal to own/sell? That’s a lot of artifacts from Peru

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
E

Erezhoff

Aug 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Thanks for the replies!

Interesting read on the import restrictions from Peru. I don’t think they are relevant to our situation as we assume that my wife’s father bought them and brought them home during the early 80’s before the Cultural Property Agreement was in place (and because we are from Israel and I don’t know of any similar restrictions here).

In any event, we are not thinking of selling them right now because they have sentimental value to my wife. But we are interested as to how much they are valued - just out of curiosity and in case we do decide to sell some of them.

It will be great if you could find some estimation for us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread