ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ditlihi

Perhaps reading the some of the following works by Carl Sauer will give you a better insight?

Sauer was a fierce critic of environmental determinism, which was the prevailing theory in geography when he began his career. He proposed instead an approach variously called "landscape morphology" or "cultural history."

Carl Sauer's “The Morphology of Landscape” argues unambiguously that geography is the morphological study of cultural landscapes; it is the systematic study of both the ways in which humans have manipulated the physical landscape, and the ways in which physical landscape shapes the cultural landscape.

Here are some of his books below that might be well work checking out.

Man's Role in Changing the Face of the Earth
by Carl O. Sauer, Lewis Mumford, William L. Thomas Jr

Geography of the Upper Illinois Valley and History of Development
by Carl O. Sauer

The Geography of the Ozark Highland of Missouri
by Carl O. Sauer

Man in Nature : America Before the Days of the Whiteman
by Carl O. Sauer

Aztatlan : Prehistoric Mexican Frontier on the Pacific Coast
by Carl O. Sauer and Donald Brand

Agricultural Origins and Dispersals
by Carl O. Sauer

Colima of New Spain in the Sixteenth Century
by Carl O. Sauer

The Early Spanish Main
by Carl O. Sauer and Sauer

Seventeenth Century North America : French and Spanish Accounts
by Carl O. Sauer

Sixteenth-Century North America: The Land and the People As Seen by Europeans
by Carl O. Sauer

Agricultural Origins and Dispersals - The Domestication of Animals and Foodstuffs
by Carl O. Sauer

Kanacki

Thank you Kanacki! :icon_thumleft:

Sounds like just the ticket for my rattled brain. You are, as always, a veritable gold mine of good research materials. You Rock, my friend. :notworthy:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you are on the right track.
And Murphy’s law states
“ If anything can go wrong , it will go wrong, at the Worst possible time!”

His attempted warming of his wooden kayak while in Alaska, with a can of Sterno jell. It set the kayak
On fire [emoji91] then he caught another of those sayings..
“ You can’t have your kayak and heat it too.’

I think I should stop while I’m still almost ahead!!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you are on the right track.
And Murphy’s law states
“ If anything can go wrong , it will go wrong, at the Worst possible time!”

His attempted warming of his wooden kayak while in Alaska, with a can of Sterno jell. It set the kayak
On fire [emoji91] then he caught another of those sayings..
“ You can’t have your kayak and heat it too.’

I think I should stop while I’m still almost ahead!!

#/;0{>~

:laughing7: Thanks Mikel, I can always count on you to help me keep things in perspective, lol. Have a Great rest of the evening, I will sleep with a smile tonight, thank you so much. :-*

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ditlihi

Perhaps reading the some of the following works by Carl Sauer will give you a better insight?

Sauer was a fierce critic of environmental determinism, which was the prevailing theory in geography when he began his career. He proposed instead an approach variously called "landscape morphology" or "cultural history."

Carl Sauer's “The Morphology of Landscape” argues unambiguously that geography is the morphological study of cultural landscapes; it is the systematic study of both the ways in which humans have manipulated the physical landscape, and the ways in which physical landscape shapes the cultural landscape.

Here are some of his books below that might be well work checking out.

Man's Role in Changing the Face of the Earth
by Carl O. Sauer, Lewis Mumford, William L. Thomas Jr

Geography of the Upper Illinois Valley and History of Development
by Carl O. Sauer

The Geography of the Ozark Highland of Missouri
by Carl O. Sauer

Man in Nature : America Before the Days of the Whiteman
by Carl O. Sauer

Aztatlan : Prehistoric Mexican Frontier on the Pacific Coast
by Carl O. Sauer and Donald Brand

Agricultural Origins and Dispersals
by Carl O. Sauer

Colima of New Spain in the Sixteenth Century
by Carl O. Sauer

The Early Spanish Main
by Carl O. Sauer and Sauer

Seventeenth Century North America : French and Spanish Accounts
by Carl O. Sauer

Sixteenth-Century North America: The Land and the People As Seen by Europeans
by Carl O. Sauer

Agricultural Origins and Dispersals - The Domestication of Animals and Foodstuffs
by Carl O. Sauer

Kanacki

Thanks for that info. Kanacki. That is a first for me to hear about that on line. It is what i have come to believe over the last 3 years. That certain mountain range shapes, do draw certain cultures to that area. And certain cultures do modifie the mountains on a very large scale. Thanks for the info., it helps with the confidence of that thinking. That is great news to me.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a Aztec/Maya type Native carved in a Mountain. You can see his shadow cloak starting to form. He turns into a Jaguar warrior, A shadow suit forms over him,open mouth with fangs,ears on top of head and even the 3 jaguar claw on the left hand forms in shadow,holding what appears to be a helmeted head. Of coarse another group has added their work. Very skillfully done among the Aztec/Mayan type stuff. 24312674_10212563965760165_229172985264954153_n - Copy.jpg

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Dit,

Enjoying the ride, and your sense of humor. Ancient sites get tied to treasures because of burial sites like those of the Aztecs, Egyptians, Mayans, and so forth. Finding signs of long lost civilizations often yield such burial site treasures. The more recent man made signs may lead to actual treasure. Some stone carvings were meant to scare off intruders, those would face the intruder to protect what was behind. Then as you seem to have found, some of these old carvings are from ancient star gazers, calendric observations for ceremonial purposes.
If you have the face carving location where you can find it on Google Earth, you don't have to wait for any date to verify your theories. Find the face spot on g.e., go to ground level, and rotate it facing to the cardinal point of your choice. You can throw a line with the g.e. ruler beforehand. G.E. uses Mercator North, or grid North, you can add, or subtract magnetic declination's to to the degree's shown by the g.e. ruler if you need to. Then go to the time tool that shows a sun, click on the wrench, and you can set any dates, equinox, or soltice of you choice to see where the sun, or moon rises, or sets. If it's no where close, it saves you a trip, if it's close enough, you can then verify it on the ground someday.
Stay safe, don't go walking into another dimension out there.

Homar

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Then as you seem to have found, some of these old carvings are from ancient star gazers, calendric observations for ceremonial purposes.

It's my opinion that the many ancient solar/lunar observation sites found worldwide were originally established by survivors of the so-called Atlantean cataclysm as data collection points in order to re-establish the ability to determine longitude on the planet. Yes, as generations passed at the local levels, the exercise devolved into ceremonial rites and holidays as is often the case with repeating human activities. The true treasures on earth are knowledge and information.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Dit,

Enjoying the ride, and your sense of humor. Ancient sites get tied to treasures because of burial sites like those of the Aztecs, Egyptians, Mayans, and so forth. Finding signs of long lost civilizations often yield such burial site treasures. The more recent man made signs may lead to actual treasure. Some stone carvings were meant to scare off intruders, those would face the intruder to protect what was behind. Then as you seem to have found, some of these old carvings are from ancient star gazers, calendric observations for ceremonial purposes.
If you have the face carving location where you can find it on Google Earth, you don't have to wait for any date to verify your theories. Find the face spot on g.e., go to ground level, and rotate it facing to the cardinal point of your choice. You can throw a line with the g.e. ruler beforehand. G.E. uses Mercator North, or grid North, you can add, or subtract magnetic declination's to to the degree's shown by the g.e. ruler if you need to. Then go to the time tool that shows a sun, click on the wrench, and you can set any dates, equinox, or soltice of you choice to see where the sun, or moon rises, or sets. If it's no where close, it saves you a trip, if it's close enough, you can then verify it on the ground someday.
Stay safe, don't go walking into another dimension out there.

Homar

And THAT is why you will always be my Hero, Homar. You always hear me when I'm thinking out loud. :notworthy:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a day off yesterday and did some recon of the area around Tres Hermanas. Dog and I stumbled across an old cemetery, and did the Tombstone Tourist thingy (Kace is a bad influence :tongue3: lol). Such a peaceful place there in the shadow of the mountains, most of the graves obviously old and very poor. Still, they used what they had to hand with loving care and thought. Dog and I both were touched by the humble beauty of it.

bricks.jpg unusual cross.jpg

wrench cross.jpg simple plank.jpg

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And one monument in particular caught our eye.....this one is for Kace. :wink:

james.jpg compass.jpg

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring and Fall?

Yes Dit, third week of March, and September, for just a few days before it loses it's form, and just for a few minutes half hour before sunset. I had forgotten to put an s on mountains, it can be seen from Mesa, Arizona.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread