🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the park today in hopes of continuing my silver streak. I had a much better hunt than I anticipated! All the keepers were over the 7" mark, the deepest 9". I dug the 4-6" stuff for awhile and finally stopped due the unbelievable amount of clad and memorials. If this place is being hunted, the guys suck at swinging the coil ;)
As you can see, it's a wheat field lol. It's been a loooong time since I've been able to pull this many wheats from a park. Nothing is very old, but, it's a target rich environment and is paying off with a nice variety of finds.

Attachments

• park2 5-12-2020.jpg
    park2 5-12-2020.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 49
  • park 5-17-2020.jpg
    park 5-17-2020.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 16

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another great outing for you Dan. It's been a long time since I've pulled 5 silvers on a hunt. Looks like your onto a good Park.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I wish I had a park like that to hit on a regular basis. Grats!
I see that you are not digging gold, I mean nickels. (food for thought!)

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver haul. Amazing how many Wheat pennies are in the ground, as they seem to be everywhere. Congrats!

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had a park like that to hit on a regular basis. Grats!
I see that you are not digging gold, I mean nickels. (food for thought!)

I'm on a road trip...don't have time to waste digging, nickle, beavertails and slaw in hopes of maybe a gold ring.....I had to leave something for the next guy :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agrre with that some places if you dug pull tab range you could hunt for 10 hours and not move more than 5ft lol Glad to see your posts you have been doing well pulling silvers keep that streak going and going and going.....Tommy

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I am a fool for glitter and love when I dig a "nickel or tab" and find gold or even silver masked.
In the 80's I stopped in the local metal detector shop and there was a little frenzy going on over at the counter. A young guy rented one for the day, his first time ever, and went to city park. He got a signal and went to cut a plug but there was already a plug and in the hole was the pulltab that the last guy found but left instead of putting it in his trash pouch. This guy did pull the tab and pouch it and then realized there was still a signal and found a $5 gold coin about two inches deeper than the pulltab. If I didn't see the coin with some dirt still stuck to it I wouldn't have believed it.

I still want a park like that. Where's the park? I could use a road trip!

Again, grats and HH ALL

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt for you Dan. That sure is a pile of oldies you dug along with the 5 shiny Silvers. Thanks for sharing.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a fool for glitter and love when I dig a "nickel or tab" and find gold or even silver masked.
In the 80's I stopped in the local metal detector shop and there was a little frenzy going on over at the counter. A young guy rented one for the day, his first time ever, and went to city park. He got a signal and went to cut a plug but there was already a plug and in the hole was the pulltab that the last guy found but left instead of putting it in his trash pouch. This guy did pull the tab and pouch it and then realized there was still a signal and found a $5 gold coin about two inches deeper than the pulltab. If I didn't see the coin with some dirt still stuck to it I wouldn't have believed it.

I still want a park like that. Where's the park? I could use a road trip!

Again, grats and HH ALL
There is alot of truth to that thats a good story bet that Guy bought a detector by now lol

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dan, you’re killing me with envy - congratulations! I’m in West Texas where we’re experiencing another drought with only 0.02” in the last 2 months. The ground is like concrete and it’s 103 degrees. Ugh! For some reason, all I ever find are modern coins. I needs Park like you have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread