And Play, I Did! Update 2/28...Its a Saloon Token!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Play, I Did! Update 2/28...It's a Saloon Token!

Ahhh....the beautiful sight of daffodil's in a pasture, temps in the 70's and huntin' buddies to share the day. Had a great time yesterday. Found some neat relics and plenty of fresh spring air to lighten the winter woes of the past couple of days. Sure glad we went yesterday too, as today it's a brrrrr chilly 40 degrees here. :'( I could easily become very spoiled to weather days like yesterday. ;)
We got to the pasture around noon thirtyish and hunted till dark. Found a whole bucket full of junque! :P Did manage to find a couple of neat keepers though. I forgot my camera but Lisa said she'd take a few for me...NOT of me, Lisa :P :D

Anywho...here's what I kept...

I found a store token, but it's got a hole right through the middle and the words around the edges are very difficult to read. I can make out 'Good for' on the front side and on the back I can read 'Jefferson'. There are other's but it's so worn I can't read 'em. Got the usual tax token and miners tags. A neat button with some sort of design on it, a dog collar that has me wondering why and an old wedding ring! Copper, I think.
100_0618.jpg

The front of the dog collar reads, "Fox Hound" Joe Keith Rt. 1 Morris, ALA. That's not unusual, but on the back it reads, 'J B Cobbs President ...NO 2003 First Ave Birmingham, Alabama'. From doing a little research, Mr Cobbs was a businessman in the early 1900's in Birmingham. He was the president of The Alabama National Bank. Now..why would that be on the back of a dog collar? ???

100_0619.jpg

Here's the store token........
100_0625.jpg
100_0623.jpg

Last week Dakota calls me and says he'd lost his ring on the school playground and he just knew his Nana could find it! :D I had a few extra hours on Sunday, so I take off for the park. I looked for over an hour without any luck so I called him to inquire where he thought he may have lost it. It's a pretty big park and I had looked all around the 'favorite' places kids like at the park, but no ring. :-\ He answered the phone and immediately says, "Nana. You'll have to come and get me so I can show you where I lost it!" ;D I love him. :D Lucky for me his Dad is on his way to a coach's meeting, so he drops him off at the park. I follow him around for another hour or so, but no ring. We did leave with a little over $3 and a bunch of doodad's. When we got to the house, he was inspecting our finds and counting the change.

100_0612.jpg
I picked up one of the little charms and it's got writing on the bottom. I ask Dakota what it says, he looks, says it looks like Chinese to him! :D He was wrong! It was Thai! ;D
100_0613.jpg

Hope ya have a great week! Nana :)

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: And Play, I Did!

Glad you went and played...the store token is really cool. Happy days that spring has sprung for you!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like a very cool day for you both with a bunch of great finds ---me thinks someone just wanted some Nana time ;D

Glad it was a beautiful day for it!!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

RE; the dog tag, back in the day it was pretty common for the rich to have a "stable" of hunting dogs which they owned but the dogs were actually kept by a dog handler and his crew.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Nanna, Glad to see you got some weather and got the nice digs, One could see the smile on your face as you typed. Glad when one can count on the weather.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey, does that three-lobed & three rivited item have two hooks on the ends of the legs that extend out? I can't tell from the image. That looks like the fastener for a M1907 rifle sling.

dgr-sling-black-samll.jpg

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks ya'll!!! :)

Montana Jim said:
Cripes Nana - You always have great finds and pictures...

None of you? :(

Excellent post!

OK...One...Lisa has this one on her thread....and another one that looks like I'm a zombie wondering through the field of daffy's! :D
Lisa\'spicdaffy\'s.JPG

mastereagle22 said:
3 zipper pulls!!!!!!

Outstanding!

Just for you! ;)

MD Dog said:
RE; the dog tag, back in the day it was pretty common for the rich to have a "stable" of hunting dogs which they owned but the dogs were actually kept by a dog handler and his crew.

That makes all the sense in the world! Thanks for that! :)

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Hey, does that three-lobed & three rivited item have two hooks on the ends of the legs that extend out? I can't tell from the image. That looks like the fastener for a M1907 rifle sling.

dgr-sling-black-samll.jpg

Neat! Here's another pic for you. Thanks!!!

100_0631.jpg

Thanks again! :)

Nana

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's a match! Find the rest of that rifle! :D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow Naner...........Looks like you guys had a blast! Nice variety of finds for the day. Congrats on another great adventure!

HH,
Moon

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

WTG You! Glad you could get out, and glad *somebody* had a camera handy lol

But I'm jealous - you have daffodils! We have sleet. 'T ain't right!

HH
Nan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana,
Nice haul there Girl. Very interesting collar tag.
Congrats on a great hunt.
MM

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice group of finds, Nana! The dog tag is very cool. What is the round silver/gray object at the left top?

40 degrees sounds good here. Another couple inches of snow last night and today. :(

Keep digging!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Today our kids had no school(snow day) and we got sent home from work early(winter storm). :P

Man, I still wish I was still down south.... In North Carolina the dafodills are not quite as far along as yours. Ours are about one inch under! :D

Looks like some neat stuff. Those old tokens are neat and the dog tag is very cool.

Bob

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

nice digs funny how each of us like different things I think that dog collar tag is the coolest thing

Tectorman

Feb 18, 2008
Alabama,or as the natives say Alerbammer
Detector(s) used
Fisher1236x2 Fisher1225x Fisher1212x ACE250 Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202

WooWee Naner them there is some mighty good finds,and ain't it good to know that Alabamer has always liked them thar taxes. From the looks of thangs youz a tect'n promeshonal.GREAT JOB!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread