993 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8748.JPG
    IMG_8748.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 49

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
The first one is known as an alley patch. This type was dug at the sistersville alley factory. Other akro marbles were also dug there and a common concensus is that akro made them and they ended up in the glass pile at alley with the other akros, but none have showed up in original packaging from akro or alley, and I know a collector who has cullet that matches from the alley site, so some think they were made at the alley factory. There are several out there, so I would think they made it to the public as a production marble and looking at the seams and glass, it does look to be Akro, so I am of the belief that they are akros until other evidence turns up to show otherwise.

The nest 2 are akros, the 4th I don't know, and the last is Master.

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one is known as an alley patch. This type was dug at the sistersville alley factory. Other akro marbles were also dug there and a common concensus is that akro made them and they ended up in the glass pile at alley with the other akros, but none have showed up in original packaging from akro or alley, and I know a collector who has cullet that matches from the alley site, so some think they were made at the alley factory. There are several out there, so I would think they made it to the public as a production marble and looking at the seams and glass, it does look to be Akro, so I am of the belief that they are akros until other evidence turns up to show otherwise.

The nest 2 are akros, the 4th I don't know, and the last is Master.

Bit confusing for me (don't take much!) Known as an Alley Patch but you believe Akro. Do you have one?

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yes, I have several. They were called alley patches because someone found a lot of them at the alley factory, but that doesn't mean Alley made them. A lot of other Akros were found there...so...

I posted about these here before a couple years ago. I was hopeful at the time that maybe Alley did make them, and they may have but I lean akro. I was 50/50 on them back when I posted about them here and some other member got on here trying to tell me that alley did not make them and of course I had to argue the other side, just because I know that he didn't know for a fact WHO made them...but I can argue either side of this debate. Until they show up in original packaging somewhere, we'll never know without a doubt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread