Anglers Crying the Blues...

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish lead was $1300 a lb.!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anglers! they should have stayed in britain

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how the arguments against AB 2787, loss of tourism, jobs, tax revenue, are the same ones made by the mining industry but not a sound from the other outdoor enthusiast until it comes after them. And we are the ones who clean up after them. One by one all outdoor activities that involve interacting with nature or the outdoors will be attacked by those to stupid and lazy to go outside of the city limits and enjoy Mother Nature as she was meant to be. Time to take the high road and support the Anglers in this fight and show them anyone who enjoys the outdoors needs to stand together against these communist and help each other.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fish, hunt and dig. It's all lame. The B.S. lead hunting ammo ban. Other OHV issues. Most guys I know are affected by one of these "bans" in some way.

We'[re supposed to be able to vote and be heard but it just isn't that way here.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We told them way back then that the fishermen would be next, and still they sided with the greenies against us. I hope it passes because trout unlimited and all of its henchmen are just environazi trash now, used, abused, ridden, and now being attacked by the same people that they helped with their anti-mining propaganda over a decade ago. They're now drowning in their own ignorance and that's life, what goes around, comes around :evil6:

OP
OP
P

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I agree, Reed. Trout Unlimited did not realize that there are people out there who want THEM out of the stream beds also. And it is not only the issue of lead sinkers. There are those out there who feel that fish hooks are cruel, whether for “catch and release” or otherwise.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

pghmole

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2012
S.w. pa
Detector(s) used
CTX,E Trac,Equinox 800,Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cali should split into the 2 states that they are proposing and then the liberal new state should become it's own country,it's crazy how bad it is out there with the libtard utopia they have going for themselfs,they can keep all the debt, illegals,homeless and dope heads...hell they could appoint crooked Hillary for the president of libtardia nation!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cali should split into the 2 states that they are proposing and then the liberal new state should become it's own country,it's crazy how bad it is out there with the libtard utopia they have going for themselfs,they can keep all the debt, illegals,homeless and dope heads...hell they could appoint crooked Hillary for the president of libtardia nation!

Every time I see these types of proposed laws in California now, I just shake my head and try to forget about it. We NEED many more of these types of laws and we need them to add up quickly.
The burner on the stove needs to be turned up fast enough so the frogs will take notice.

Otherwise people will never realize they will be better off without the southern half of California.
State of Jefferson!!!!

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee. Seems like a good law to me but does not go far enough. The lead sinkers they will still allow are HUGE! Must admit I don't know anything about how lead in streams and lakes effect the environment/nature/people. But I know that I don't want to chew lead sinkers or drink from a lead cup.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee. Seems like a good law to me but does not go far enough. The lead sinkers they will still allow are HUGE! Must admit I don't know anything about how lead in streams and lakes effect the environment/nature/people. But I know that I don't want to chew lead sinkers or drink from a lead cup.

Did you know that lead don't dissolve in water until it is oxidized or made into a chloride? What that means is that you can chew on lead sinkers all day long with no ill effect unless they are soaked in hydrocloric acid or have a layer of lead oxide.

Did you know that cities often treat their water with chlorine?

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
We told them way back then that the fishermen would be next, and still they sided with the greenies against us. I hope it passes because trout unlimited and all of its henchmen are just environazi trash now, used, abused, ridden, and now being attacked by the same people that they helped with their anti-mining propaganda over a decade ago. They're now drowning in their own ignorance and that's life, what goes around, comes around :evil6:

This is called "The Useful Idiot".

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you know that lead don't dissolve in water until it is oxidized or made into a chloride? What that means is that you can chew on lead sinkers all day long with no ill effect unless they are soaked in hydrocloric acid or have a layer of lead oxide.

Did you know that cities often treat their water with chlorine?

Thank you Duckshot,

Good information. I do recall not wanting to drink citrus juice from cheap Mexican glazed cups. Like I said, I know nothing..only anecdotal stuff like eating paint made with lead. Also don't know if lead oxidizes in "nature" like so many other metals. Facts are so refreshing in all discussions. Keep them coming!

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
....gill nets contain no lead that drops/breaks off and no sharp hooks that have to be removed. Just a slow death before being sent to the oven. Sounds O.K. to me. :thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3000 dredge permits

only like 9 % dredged on a regular basis.

No negative environmental effects have ever been shown. They did studies and that's why they came up with the regulations at different points.

Based on maybe's and something something......

Meanwhile in other states wildlife departments are using dredges to maintain fisheries.

Cool party:occasion18:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Duckshot,

Good information. I do recall not wanting to drink citrus juice from cheap Mexican glazed cups. Like I said, I know nothing..only anecdotal stuff like eating paint made with lead. Also don't know if lead oxidizes in "nature" like so many other metals. Facts are so refreshing in all discussions. Keep them coming!

Lead does oxidize in the creekbed. Anyone who has panned out some lead can tell you that as it’s always covered in white lead oxide.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show me one human activity that does not have some affect on the planet.
I cannot think of a single one. Go back to the California condor lead study (which was conviently released AFTER the gov. Signed the lead bullet ban. Doesn’t matter the ban had zero affect after a decade of banning lead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread