Angus Mackirk must have some issues

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered one of the EZ Pans from AM last week. I have not received any word from them. I've sent an email and left a voicemail and have not heard back from either. This is where things get really funny. I got a call from someone yesterday in Lebanon, IN. This really nice guy says that he received an EZ Pan in the mail and inside my name and address was on the slip! He ordered an Expedition Sluice three weeks ago but he received my order and is still waiting for his sluice. He has also heard no word from the company.
Has anyone experienced this lately with Angus Mackirk?
Has anyone found another method to contact them?
I have a feeling will never receive what I paid for since the company doesn't respond to any correspondence. This is the second prospecting company that I've had serious issues with lately and its very disappointing.

Upvote 0

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AM has been really good to me and I haven't had any problems with him or his company after several orders. Best way to contact them is definitely by phone. Try calling them when they open in the morning. The number I have used is 208-429-8079. I've left messages before and usually get a call back later that day or the next morning. They do seem to do business the old school way (over the phone, no emails or tracking updates) and the package just shows up on your door. If I could come up with any criticism for them it would be that they need 21st century communication regarding orders and shipping. How long has it been since you left a message? Maybe they are trying to sort things out on their end before they call you back? In any event, I very much doubt you will get screwed on your order. Probably just an honest mistake and poor communication.

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered one of the EZ Pans from AM last week. I have not received any word from them. I've sent an email and left a voicemail and have not heard back from either. This is where things get really funny. I got a call from someone yesterday in Lebanon, IN. This really nice guy says that he received an EZ Pan in the mail and inside my name and address was on the slip! He ordered an Expedition Sluice three weeks ago but he received my order and is still waiting for his sluice. He has also heard no word from the company.
Has anyone experienced this lately with Angus Mackirk?
Has anyone found another method to contact them?
I have a feeling will never receive what I paid for since the company doesn't respond to any correspondence. This is the second prospecting company that I've had serious issues with lately and its very disappointing.

Angus sold the company last year. He retired because of health reasons. I am not sure if Donovan is still with the company, but he took great care of me. Things might have changed with the new owners. Try the number echoplex mentioned that is also the one I used also and leave a specific message for someone like Donovan. Good luck and heavy pans!

lwaynebowen1975

Greenie
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never buy from them again they don't return calls and shipping took a month also was lied to after finally contacted

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The customer service I've received is horrible. No order confirmations, no tracking, just no communication in general. I still haven't received my pan.
Here's something funny: AM is a subsidiary of Brokeback Mining in Canada. An old dude called me from Brokeback after I've left numerous voicemails. He wanted me to pay to ship the other guy his sluice and he'd give me credit for another purchase!!! Hell no! I spoke to Donavan who told me his father had passed and that is the reason for all the delays. They hired a new person to deal with shipping while Donovan was out of town. Donovan emailed me a shipping label so that I could ship the sluice to its rightful owner. It's kind of shitty that I need to take time out of my day to help correct their mistake. There has been no offer of any compensation to me other than getting my EZ Pan which I ordered weeks ago. My claim still stands that Angus Mackirk has serious issues and I will never order from them again.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
That really sucks that AM's customer service is shot to hell because the EZ Pan is a great pan... I got a couple of them several years ago.

They keep this up and they will be out of business before long.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I finally did get my EZ Pan and I tried it out today. It is a rad pan and I quickly got down to black sand and about 5 colors on my first go. This may be my go to pan now.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I finally did get my EZ Pan and I tried it out today. It is a rad pan and I quickly got down to black sand and about 5 colors on my first go. This may be my go to pan now.

If you were panning unclassified material, don't forget to save your rejects and classify and re pan them when your screen set is complete. I always do that and I usually find more -100 mesh gold.

PS I like my EZ pan too.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread