Angus Mackirk Rocky Mountain???

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have yet to see one on the river around here, sorry. Seems like a good idea though :-)

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using an AM Foreman (double flare). Works good. I have a smalller AM sluice that is not a double flare, but have not used it and not able to compare the difference of single / double flare.

My Foreman works great! Leave it in the water for a few minutes after your last scoop of dirt and it will clean out the blond sand, leaving you with only heavies.

The Rocky Mountain supposedly has the new Abyss riffles. I was asking Angus for any videos, but none is available. Maybe this Summer I'll break down and get the Rocky Mountain too, LOL.

Dirk Pitt

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the backpacker and the recon. Both work well, recon can be a little finicky to set up, but both catch the fines really well.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checking if there any updates? Anyone buy /use a Rocky Mountain? Any videos available to watch specifically for the Rocky Mountain?

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just went out Sunday and ran my Recon for the first time and really like it!I am in a position where I am getting really good gold out of one creek but can only use pan/shovel but the creek I can use my sluice on is near my house and does show to have at least a little gold. So I hauled about 4 buckets of "Ran twice all ready -20's" down there just so I could see how it worked and it caught gold out of dirt that had all ready been run through a CA Bucket Sluice and a AM Predator II.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
I have the recon double flare and I love it. I did make a couple mods to it I took a dollar store bubble level apart and glued the level tube behind the first riffle for easy sight set up. After seeing the abyss riffles in the new sluice I took my dremel with a flat tip diamond bit and created my own drop sections behind the riffles. I can run it longer between clean outs now. Just my 2 cents

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Rocky Mountain should be coming tomorrow. The Abyss Riffles have peaked my interest. Angus says that in the future, he will release more sluices with the Abyss riffle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions