Angus McKirk or Le Trap? Does it matter?

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Angus McKirk or Le' Trap? Does it matter?

CUZ I JUST GOT BOTH FOR $60. Which one is your favorite and how do you use it?

ForumRunner_20130309_174909.png

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dude seriously!!!! There was this ad on CraigsList. Here is the link http://boise.craigslist.org/tls/3656318512.html The Highbanker he is selling is used for sure but with some wicked engineering. I looked at it and it will do a mean job of washing the material. He has a bunch of other stuff there like a BOXFULL of pans, pumps, fittings but I think I got the good stuff LOL. At least what I needed.

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So no one has a comparison to either of these and how to run them? The angus has a box end on it and I dont see how this thing could be used as a stream sluice.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I've never ran a Letrap so I can't compare. The Mckirk is for their small recirculating highbanker I believe. I know I like my larger Mckirk. Use the Letrap for a stream sluice & build a recirculator some day with the AM.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So no one has a comparison to either of these and how to run them? The angus has a box end on it and I dont see how this thing could be used as a stream sluice.

That Le Trap came with a closed top end too but someone already cut it off to make a stream sluice. You could do the same with the AM if you wanted.

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I see. Ya he said he would fit it to his dredge and concentrate his concentrates before he took them home. Good tip Kevin!

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sampling a claim last summer and was running a few bucket fulls of assorted sized gravel through the Le Trap. I then got distracted and moved up stream to do some metal detecting and when I came back about half an hour later, there was nothing in the le trap other than gold flakes. EVERYTHING else was gone. I love the Le Trap, and I hear the Angus McKirk has similar results. I am all for minimizing the gravel I have to sort through during clean up. I am over the hungarian riffles.... way over them......

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got 2 LeTraps,(with sluice stand) and a Angus Explorer sluice I would part with cheap. All my prospecting is now done in the desert, PM me if interested.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are still in their uncut"Bank Robber"state. I also have the LeTrap collapsible sluice/highbanker stand, everything is new and has never been used. I now do most of my prospecting in the desert swinging so its time to downsize.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions