Animal skulls found behind a bank

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is off topic but while picking up a coin order today, I noticed some aluminum cans along the rear parking lot & in a wooded area behind the bank. Yes, I'm one of those scrap metal collectors too. Its just another one of my side jobs. As I went into the woods a few feet I saw a deer skull. Then a little ways away was another one. So as I'm gathering more cans further in the woods yet another skull was on the ground, but not of a deer. My guess is a Coyote? There were no other animal bones around but only 3 skulls. Why? Anyway, what were they doing behind a major bank? And why are there so many beer cans there? Are they from customers & employees too who might drink during their break? My first thought about the skulls is satanic devil worshipping. Who knows? In addition to the silver halves I found today, not only was finding cans a bonus, but the skulls are bonuses too as I sell them for $1.00 apiece at flea markets. People will collect any thing...including me.

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might have been some CRHer's skulls... who dumped too much at the bank. ???

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weird is right... i can understand scrapping aluminum cans as I do it too, but come on, collecting animal skulls to sell at flea markets for $1 each? :icon_scratch:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get yourself a mountain RAM - those heads are worth a couple hundred each ( if you have the curly horns intact)

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was performing a sacrifice to the CHR gods and must have forgotten to clean up, my bad.

tkessler77

Mar 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Other
how much is a 12oz aluminum can worth? I know aluminum is about $1/lb. how many cans in a pound? do they give you the full wall street aluminum value?

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a $1.00. Dude no wonder they are buying from you. Price at $10.00 and come down to $5.00. They still think they are coming out on top.

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get paid $0.55 per lb for aluminum (I wish I did get $1.00/lb). At todays aluminum standard it takes 29 12 oz cans to make a lb. I crush all my cans & I fill up 1 plastic garbage bag with 300 cans. When I get 10 bags of crushed cans (3000 cans) I then take them in to sell. Much like how CRHing isn't for everyone, so too is collecting scrap metal. It takes a lot of time & patience to hunt for scrap metal. But I'm cleaning up the environment, getting exercise & making some money to boot & that's not a bad thing. Now that I educated yuall there will be more scrap metal hunters. Why can't people think up things to do on there own? Why is everyone so dependent on the Internet to learn things? What did people do before computers? IMHO, people need to stop being copycats & they need to strive for their own creative endeavors.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I get paid $0.55 per lb for aluminum (I wish I did get $1.00/lb). At todays aluminum standard it takes 29 12 oz cans to make a lb. I crush all my cans & I fill up 1 plastic garbage bag with 300 cans. When I get 10 bags of crushed cans (3000 cans) I then take them in to sell. Much like how CRHing isn't for everyone, so too is collecting scrap metal. It takes a lot of time & patience to hunt for scrap metal. But I'm cleaning up the environment, getting exercise & making some money to boot & that's not a bad thing. Now that I educated yuall there will be more scrap metal hunters. Why can't people think up things to do on there own? Why is everyone so dependent on the Internet to learn things? What did people do before computers? IMHO, people need to stop being copycats & they need to strive for their own creative endeavors.

Hey I started out digging under the machines at the laundromat when I went with my mom when I was about 5 or 6. I could find about $1 in change and that was in the '70s. Back then that was a fortune to me.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey I started out digging under the machines at the laundromat when I went with my mom when I was about 5 or 6. I could find about $1 in change and that was in the '70s. Back then that was a fortune to me.

I got some silver from doing that, except it was under a coinstar machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread