Other
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been to the battle ground multiple times. Well worth the visit and I come away with appreciation of what it may have been like that day. I have sat on last stand hill and watched the sun set and for me it felt like I could sense the presence of the dead....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Have been to the battle ground multiple times. Well worth the visit and I come away with appreciation of what it may have been like that day. I have sat on last stand hill and watched the sun set and for me it felt like I could sense the presence of the dead....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yes TH i can appreciate your thoughts.....thank you
i forgot to mention this sooner
my sister in law is director of tourism on the Standing Rock Res...she posted on facebook that this was a special day to her people...The Dakota-Lakota Sioux Nation
the Little Big Horn is known as the 'Battle of the Greasy Grass' to the natives in the surrounding area
the US army corps of engineers is now in the process of officially changing the name

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
during the battle the Sioux and the Cheyenne were rallied by a woman named Buffalo Calf Road Woman
who saw custer injure her brother named Chief Comes in Sight she ran onto the battlefield to get her brother and carry him to safety

before she picked up her brother she struck the blow that knocked custer off of his horse.....then she took his sword and terminated him......

......then she carried her brother from the battlefield..........this is what rallied the Sioux and the Cheyenne to win the war

IMG_0029.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread