Annual club hunt and rare chance to hunt very cool site.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on my first seeded hunt this weekend. It was a BLAST! They had maybe a few pounds of
silver coins buried in different roped off fields. They had a poker hunt (I won second place in it).
They had a "turkey shoot" type thing using pellet guns to see who could get closest to the center
of these stars (I won twice). I got to draw for the prize I'd win. I drew a Franklin half the first
time and a standing liberty quarter second.
When you know coins are actually there before you find them, it gives you a chance to learn your
detector better. I'd recommend anyone that's never been on a seeded hunt where they have you
to line up around a field and yell GO! to by all means do it. And for my first time I think I did
pretty well. I found a big handful of mercs, standing lib quarters, V nickels, wheaties, indian heads,
and buffs! I was very happy with my finds. Little Ramapirate and his cousin went too. Little Ramapirate
found a flat button, a handful of silver, wheats and tokens that he could trade for prizes. His cousin
was old enough and I paid for him to hunt the big ones. He crapped out in the first hunt and didn't
find anything. A couple of guys that had been hunting forever showed him how to use his detector
(setting up sensitivity, disc, everything and gave him a bunch of pointers on how to swing it) The next
hunt he found a good amount and was very excited. The third hunt and the poker hunt he did as well
as a lot of the adults. He'd borrowed my old Bounty Hunter, so after he got all excited, I gave him the detector. His mom took him Sunday afternoon and bought him a shovel and a nail apron. He's all
jacked up about detecting now!
After the festivities, a fellow took me to the side and invited me to a VERY cool place that he and some friends were going to hunt. Really nice pieces have been found at this site. It was way out in the middle of nowhere (actually you had to drive to the middle of nowhere, turn right and drive another 10 or fifteen miles and cross fences and walk through briars and horse poop to get to the site (not in that order) I found a brass fenial, one guy found a state seal button and a coin, someone else found a multi part button. This was like in an hour and a half to two hours at this site. I'm being as vague as I can about this site because I'd REALLY like to get invited back soon. I used every bit of md'ing etiquette I could come up with and was determined if I found anything really great on the first hunt I'd offer it to my host. Yep, it's that cool a site...

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread