Another $110 in halves....

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Went back to the same bank that I stopped by yesterday to get some more half's because they mentioned they had a bunch of them. One of the tellers that helped me yesterday was there again today and waived to me. The teller that was helping me needed to go talk to the head teller who was talking to the other teller. The one that helped me yesterday walked by and asked if I had fun going through the ones I had received yesterday as she was heading to the vault to get my coins.

When she came back she asked me what I was doing with all the coins. Told her that I am a coin collector and that I am looking for certain dates and getting the boxes of pennies helps my wheat collection. She asked if I had any change in pocket and went to her window and pulled out a couple of wheat's. I thanked her and was about to leave when she asked what it is I am looking for in the halves. I told her anything that was not a Kennedy (didn't want to give her too much information). She took my name and told me that she would keep her eyes open and hold what they found.

So I headed home and just got done going through my $110 in halves and the box of pennies. Got skunked again on the halves. Found 11 wheaties and 5 Canadians. Oldest wheat 1942.

I'll try it again tomorrow...

HH... Phil

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
another way to get around the question...what are you looking for? I always reply, I'm just trying to put together a collection. They don't ask any other questions, and I don't have to say the S word (Silver). :o

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers like her are hard to come by. She was awful friendly through your time there....you sure she didnt want your name for other reasons? :love8:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I told her anything that was not a Kennedy (didn't want to give her too much information)
why wouldn't you want her to hold the Kennedy's? she may skip a bunch of 90%ers and also all 40%ers :icon_scratch: if that didn't give her an idea you were looking for silver(all other halfs beside Kennedy are 90% silver)nothing will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread