Another 17th century token

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Here's this afts. finds, first was a lead medieval token. This was followed by a 17th century traders token, it's not in fantastic condition but it should clean up a little. Looking through the crud it may be a Sheffield in Yorkshire token. The issuer though "if"it is does not seem to be in the book, looks like --bert Hold--. Maybe says Robert Holden ?. Next to appear was a very small medieval lead seal matrix approx 13th century. Finally I uncovered an hammered silver penny, maybe Edward 111,1327-77 it's of the York mint. Sorry the picture is a bit poor, taken using flash under house lights.
Robert.

Attachments

• finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
robfinds said:
shaun7 said:
Hi Rob, I just looked and it's £50!

Not as bad as I thought :icon_thumleft:
Paid £35 for mine, about 15 years ago.
I got done, I think I paid £85 for it new a couple of years back.

Anyways nice selection of stuff, at the moment I would be happy with any 1 of those :laughing9:

I thought I remembered it being over £50 you paid!

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Nice Token Rob, I have a soft spot for Tokens :) but they seem not to survive well :'( once had a Silver Ripon Token :icon_thumleft:....any chance of a better picture of the little Hammy :P

SS
Colin, I've just taken this picture, which is too dark. Then managed to drop the camera on the floor (camera is now an x camera). O well such is life. I've managed to id the token though , it's Gilbert Holdsworth 1670, Sheffield. The hammered penny looks like Edward 111 York mint. Speak to you all later, when I get another camera.
Good Hunting

Attachments

• token.jpg
    token.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 232

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
robfinds said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Nice Token Rob, I have a soft spot for Tokens :) but they seem not to survive well :'( once had a Silver Ripon Token :icon_thumleft:....any chance of a better picture of the little Hammy :P

SS
Colin, I've just taken this picture, which is too dark. Then managed to drop the camera on the floor (camera is now an x camera). O well such is life. I've managed to id the token though , it's Gilbert Holdsworth 1670, Sheffield. The hammered penny looks like Edward 111 York mint. Speak to you all later, when I get another camera.
Good Hunting

Oh no :o I can see from the picture you did manage that you are still rattling from last night Rob :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread