Another arrowhead from coastal Mass.

Pancake

Nov 27, 2012
Mass.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this one while digging this morning.

IMG_2308.JPG

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stemmer. You're getting something everyday.. good for you. Make sure to keep anything you're not sure of. It might be a good idea to sift as well. you never know there could be small things like beads, earspools, maybe even bone hooks and other things like that that can easily get missed amongst the dirt and shells.

OP
OP
P

Pancake

Nov 27, 2012
Mass.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know. I've been pretty lucky. Certainly putting in some time but honestly I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. I've got a pile of flakes, chips and questionable stuff. Some of it clearly worked but surper crude. My dad knows what he's looking at but is out of town right now. I'll show him the pile when he gets back. I've actually been screening everything. It's more time consuming but much easier for me to see everything. Especially small points like this one that just blend in with the dirt. There's at least 3 arrowheads that I've found that I'm sure I would have missed if I hadn't been doing it like this.

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice, almost looks like a hafted scraper with the less than sharp point. Looks like some of the Jasper I find around here. Thanks for the view and welcome to the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions