Another attempted dig!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Okay guys, chime in here if I am posting this in the wrong place. Just don't want to double up on this forum and the bottle forum. Just want to place it in the right spot. Usually I am a coinshooter but this season I have tried my hand at bottle hunting. Last year I made the Banner with a cool bottle find from out in the middle of a corn field. Me and my buddy went back today finally and dug that area deeper. Went around 4 feet down and probed, nothing to be found. So maybe that particular find was a fluke. So we went to probe the yard today and located an area that is 6 feet by 5 feet. It is a cemented square foundation with smaller stones, possibly pea gravel and sand. Looks pretty much like the morter on the house in the background of one picture. Went down about 3 feet into the hole and discovered a slew of stuff as you will see. 7-UP bottles(unk. age), junk, old car pieces, rocks, bricks and some of the liner foundation that maybe caved in. We went as far as we could till the water stopped us.
What do you all think. Would this be a privy? Looks to be in the right place I think. But I'm a rookie at this sort of thing. Let me know what you all think. And again, please move this post if I am posting it in the wrong Forum. Although I did find all this pile of stuff today I guess. :icon_scratch: Thanks for any replies. :thumbsup: jgas

Attachments

• Digger 1.JPG
    Digger 1.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 388
  • Digger 2.JPG
    Digger 2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 387
  • Digger 3.JPG
    Digger 3.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 393
  • Digger 4.JPG
    Digger 4.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 393
  • Digger 5.JPG
    Digger 5.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 384
  • Digger 6.JPG
    Digger 6.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Digger 7.JPG
    Digger 7.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Digger 8.JPG
    Digger 8.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Digger 9.JPG
    Digger 9.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 387
  • Digger 10.JPG
    Digger 10.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 387
  • Digger 11.JPG
    Digger 11.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Looks like it might be a privy to me. I have found several on my property, nothing too old (1930's-1950's) but always fun to dig every now and then. Hope you find lots of goodies in that hole. And with the water, at around six feet here, the holes always fill up like that.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at least u got a nice bottle :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread