Another Big First For Me! US Eagle Breast Plate!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a little detecting time on Sunday and went to a new spot in hopes of some Civil War relics. I've been trying to locate ground in a heavily developed area to find pockets to dig in. This spot is pretty much a swamp surrounded by thickets and some small areas of grass. I got started and could quickly tell that most of the grassy area was fill dirt. There was some higher ground on the other side of the swamp and I made my way across, the first good signal was a nice dropped bullet. I slowly worked my way around digging tons of trash and then I got a great signal down deep right next to one of the bullets I had just dug. I cut a nice big plug and worked my way down about 10"-12" and rolled out a heavy round disk and could see the lead back. I did the "please let this be a breast plate" prayer as I was turning it over and trying to get the caked on mud off to reveal that beautiful eagle! I was in shock and so excited to get my first one! I spent some time getting a few pics and just enjoying the moment. I hunted it pretty hard and found a few more bullets along with a flat button, a knapsack triangle and a really old latch clasp. It sure is a good feeling when you hunt these out of the way shot in the dark areas and they pay off. It makes up for all the other times I hunt a spot and get skunked. HH-David

n1J6ZAI.jpg 2bP6GJ0.jpg f4lQzZm.jpg

ykBxWT8.jpg 3Xw6K22.jpg ZVP73Oi.jpg

Upvote 51

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt
Congrats on the breastplate

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soops my man! That’s awesome buddy. Great looking pile of relics there. Those Eagle Brest plates are such a cool design. Really happy for ya pal

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soops my man! That’s awesome buddy. Great looking pile of relics there. Those Eagle Brest plates are such a cool design. Really happy for ya pal

Thanks man! Yeah they are a pretty plate for sure! Good luck to ya bud!

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first plate. I can tell by your narrative that it was a very well-deserved find! Good for you! Great for you! Your post in a great motivator. :notworthy: The photos were great.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATZ!
On a very nice Breast Plate (still hunting my 1st ) ; Sweet drops as well , I like the Latch & Pistol bullet as well.
Davers

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first plate. I can tell by your narrative that it was a very well-deserved find! Good for you! Great for you! Your post in a great motivator. :notworthy: The photos were great.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATZ!
On a very nice Breast Plate (still hunting my 1st ) ; Sweet drops as well , I like the Latch & Pistol bullet as well.
Davers

Thanks Davers! Sure hope you dig one soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread