Another BIG silver! + a couple first!!!!!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly can't believe I've been lucky enough to come across a site like this! I returned to the place I found the 1944 walking liberty half dollar a week or so ago, hoping this place had more to offer. It most defiantly did! Not 10 minutes into the hunt I had already dug 2 wheat cents when again I got a perfect .50 $1 signal on the ace 350. I cut the plug flipped it open and saw this on the bottom!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440261257.813880.jpg

Needless to say I was freaking out begging that it was not a clad half, I move some dirt in the hole and then see this!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440261314.515391.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440261361.786019.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440261394.239052.jpg

I could not believe it another silver half dollar! I ended up digging 14 wheat cents and a very good shape 1937 buffalo nickel it's my first buff!! I have dug a v nickel and a lot of early Jeffersons but this was my first Buff! I snagged a 52 Rosie and my first store token it's beat all up but I can make out Good for two cakes and crystal white I believe. I thought I dug a silver quarter as well but it turned out to be a LOOK magazine 25 year anniversary token sent out in look magazine in 1962 from what I have found online! What an awesome day and truly the best site I have ever hunted!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440261644.426571.jpg
The finds are slowing but I'm not giving up on this place by any means so far I have pulled 35 wheats and 8 silver coins!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440262071.982134.jpg
I'm trying to figure out what went on in this area of this town around that time frame but so far my research has been fruitless but that's ok with me! Best of luck everyone and happy hunting!!!'

Upvote 28

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woot! Woot! Just this past weekend, I dug my first clad half. I never would have guess it was a half dollar (because I've never found one.) I also run an Ace350... and every half dollar signal I've ever run across was either a stack of quarters (which I love), or silver rings (which I ALSO love. ) :)

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone!!! I'd love to pull a silver quarter I've only dug one ever and it was a seated! lol start big I suppose

Awesome finds!! I've yet to find a Walker in my 2 plus years of detecting! And a SEATED quarter for your 1st!! I'd like to mail my rabbits foot to you with a postage paid return envelope so you can put a touch of your MOJO on it for me!!!

OP
OP
coltdavis

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's incredible! What forces could compel people to lose two silver halves in a smallish area? Bottom of a sledding hill? Old fairgrounds, near the "Upside down shaker" machine that was all the rage in the mid 1950s? : )

I love that last pic, with the Walkers surrounded by their adoring fans...very cool treasure.

I have no idea! It's a flat area so I'm going to have to go with the upside down shaker lol I just wish more sites in my area would have also got one :)

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a phenomenal hunt. 35 wheats and 8 silver's at one site, what a blast you must have had!

OP
OP
coltdavis

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a phenomenal hunt. 35 wheats and 8 silver's at one site, what a blast you must have had!

Thanks! A blast it was! I didn't find them all in 1 hunt. The bottom picture was the total from the site each hunt was awesome tho!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions