Another Cashier Till Find

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Been finding a lot of silver lately. Nothing uber big but better than the last year has been. Customer paid in half dollars and I got 4-40% out of that and I have found 5 silver dimes in the last 2 weeks via coinstar and till finds and our change holders. Getting a pretty good amount of 40% silvers and wondering what to do with them because our LCSs won't even offer a deal except one and it was so laughable as a noob myself. they offered 75 cents per 50 center. WTH?? Not a chance. Anyways got to go to work again.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Stack 'em. Save 'em. Flip 'em in the air like a coin toss and listen to that wonderful "silver" sound!

My wife says they remind her of the old movies where a cowboy slaps a coin on the bar and says "gimme a whiskey." They just sound good.

Congrats

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
You're asking a question to the answer!

There are loads of other collectors out there willing to pay close to or sometimes even over spot, even for 40%. eBay, Craigslist, Facebook groups, or the TNet Classifieds are all great places to unload 40% for way over LCS prices.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been finding a lot of silver lately. Nothing uber big but better than the last year has been. Customer paid in half dollars and I got 4-40% out of that and I have found 5 silver dimes in the last 2 weeks via coinstar and till finds and our change holders. Getting a pretty good amount of 40% silvers and wondering what to do with them because our LCSs won't even offer a deal except one and it was so laughable as a noob myself. they offered 75 cents per 50 center. WTH?? Not a chance. Anyways got to go to work again.

Sincerely, GarouLady

:hello: Hey GarouLady, nice to see you posting again. Great that you are finding some silver. No law that says you have to sell them now. If you can just hold on to them until you need to sell them.
HH
Gary

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bar- keep always said to the cowpoke "that'll be 2 Bits"
Stack 'em. Save 'em. Flip 'em in the air like a coin toss and listen to that wonderful "silver" sound!

My wife says they remind her of the old movies where a cowboy slaps a coin on the bar and says "gimme a whiskey." They just sound good.

Congrats

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
And got another 40% today. I hear half dollars being taken by a fellow cashier and asked what she got. She said they were just half dollars and silver dollars. I winced when she said that last part aloud. Yeeesh. After checking to see if she wanted them, which she didn't, I bought them and found that it was just some Ike dollars and regular half dollars. I got just 1 40% for my troubles. meh, but at least its silver. Thanks for the well wishes. I wish my silver collection could pay off my debts. As it is I am borrowing off my 401K, basically paying myself back over the next few years, but I am getting rid of my credit cards, using my debt card instead.

sincerely, GarouLady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread