tamiller

Greenie
Oct 29, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a few minutes today and found a very nice Imperial Standard button. It's smaller than a dime so hard to photograph with a phone camera but it's in great shape. Imperial Standard button.jpg

Upvote 14

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flat button. I have dug quite a few with that back mark. Unfortunately not a Civil War button, just a pre war civilian button.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice save!!! "D"

OP
OP
T

tamiller

Greenie
Oct 29, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flat button. I have dug quite a few with that back mark. Unfortunately not a Civil War button, just a pre war civilian button.

Due to the location where it was found I'm certain it is related to the Civil War forts and battle fought here even though it was manufactured prior to the war.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great button!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the location where it was found I'm certain it is related to the Civil War forts and battle fought here even though it was manufactured prior to the war.
Poorly equipped Confederates were known to have worn civilian flat and flower buttons. So did the slaves that did a lot of the heavy lifting for the Confederates, such as digging rifle pits, building earthworks and forst, etc.

OP
OP
T

tamiller

Greenie
Oct 29, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poorly equipped Confederates were known to have worn civilian flat and flower buttons. So did the slaves that did a lot of the heavy lifting for the Confederates, such as digging rifle pits, building earthworks and forst, etc.

It was found near a Union fort. John Hunt Morgan came through here in Dec 1862 and burned the trestles and took the forts, killing over 20. I own property adjacent to the fort and although it's been hunted illegally over the years I find quite a few relics.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I wish there were battlefields and forts by me great job

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Im hoping you’re right I found this civilian button was found in the same location as the Louisiana Pelican button I found. IMG_1551.jpg IMG_1622.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread