Another Connecticut Copper Added to the Yearly Total

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC got out last Sunday to an old site that we haven't hunted since November 2008. During our two trips to the site, we found seven total coppers (William III, two smooth Colonials, a King George II halfpenny, a Draped Bust largie, etc.). The site is a hay field today.

After about 20 minutes of sweeping, I got a perfect "A" on "Half" reading on my analog machine. I smiled and said to Chris, who was nearby, "This is a copper!" He swept over it and confirmed that it was going to be a copper. His White's Vision was showing a predominant green bar, which means it is going to be a copper 99.9% of the time! :headbang: I dug down and was greeted with my second Connecticut copper for the year.

I think we will find 10 or more Connecticuts once the year is over! We love finding them just as much as early American coppers!

Reverse:
Another CT Copper 016.JPG

Here is the obverse picture. The "Connec" is barely visible on the coin. It is a left-facing bust.
Another CT Copper 017.JPG

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Add it to the Colonial total and chalk that day as a Colonial success. :headbang: We both have two CTs for the year and I do have a feeling that we will hit 10 as a group. :headbang: :hello2: We must continue to tear apart the fields for those Colonial relics. :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

Kirk

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N I C E whats with all these Conn. coppers in PA :icon_scratch: You seem to get one every hunt ..which is Great , but can't figure out why more of those and few from closer colonies ???

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
CMDiamonddawg said:
N I C E whats with all these Conn. coppers in PA :icon_scratch: You seem to get one every hunt ..which is Great , but can't figure out why more of those and few from closer colonies ???

There was a Connecticut land claim in Northeast PA in the late 1700s. The CTs were flowing through PA during that time.

U

umrgolf

WTG Kyle, bet you are glad ur last one wasn't a tad bit toasty like this one :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Kyle! YES, a Connecticut is a hard one to get so I wouldn't worry about the condition....besides, your other one is First Rate! :icon_thumleft: :wink: :headbang:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Another copper for the pile :headbang: The connecticut coppers come out of the ground for you guys like Wheat Cents do for other people :o

VPR

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the Connecticoppa young padiwan ! May the colonial force be with ya :alien:

D. ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Big Guy!