Another Connecticut Copper! And a SWEET Surprise! Update with ID!

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got back to the site where I found the Connecticut and Vermont Coppers. I was hoping to spend the entire day there but sadly I had to go into work! I still managed to get in about 2.5 hours of detecting in. The field needs to be plowed again, and should be in the next couple of weeks with a little luck

I was REALLY hoping to score another State Copper but had my doubts. After 1.5hrs in the field I had about half a dozen civilian buttons and a few misc pieces of copper and brass. I decided to focus on the iron rich area and after moving a few pieces of large iron out of the way I got a sweet coin signal. About 6" down was this Connecticut Copper! I haven't looked to see what variety it is but based on my last finds I assume it's a common one! haha It's a 1786 IT seems to have good detail and be worn all at once somehow. Almost seems intentional as the wear points are odd to me. There is an odd high point on the bust side of the coin which gives it the appearance of being pushed out, although it is not!?

Anyhow, the copper made my day for sure! I kept at it for a bit longer and man I am glad I did. For those of you who saw my post the other day you saw my GR cartridge badge. It looks a little different today! :headbang:

Also found an interesting little cufflink with two shaking hands.

I want to go back!

Attachments

• DSC06772.JPG
    DSC06772.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSC06775.JPG
    DSC06775.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • DSC06773.JPG
    DSC06773.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • DSC06774.JPG
    DSC06774.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • DSC06784.JPG
    DSC06784.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,017
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Its a great thrill when you get two items that fit together, normally its 5 years apart when it happens to me :headbang:

Especially when each piece was basically worthless, but now it's probably in the range of being $2,000+ relic once restored. Hard to really say what someone would pay, but it definitely has value now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions