ANOTHER CRAAAAAAAASY FIND

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you might have seen my last post with The MANTLE rookie (sold very fast..lol)

This was part of A very large Baseball collection and so many rare pieces ca me out of those boxes, i am still amaized.

Now The sports cards are done and memorabilia to, i was left sorting The last 10 boxes of books and other publication.

To my surprise, most of The books i am pulling out of The boxes are autographed, hockey, baseball for The most part.....

You really have to call The shot for it to happen......2 weeks ago when i was done sorting out The cards, i sait to my wife, The only thing missing in this collection is Jackie Robinson"..........

Yesterday efternoon, i pulled out this book with other books, since most of them were autographed, i guess you guys know how i felt when this baby poped out of the pile.....

It have to say that i took me A few second to decide to open The book, i was scared as hell.....now when i did i had to sit down....this is why....

Not one autograph, but two.....The other fella is Herb Trawick who also was The first afro-american to play football in the Canadien football league (CFL)....both these fella fought for humain rights with grace....when i look at These autographs i can only say them are heroes...what A Nice piece to hold, full of history .....i just dont know how on earth this is rallonge on me, it seems i am finding everything since last year....

Upvote 17

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love too see old baseball swag...you got a winner there!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; AWESOME finds there. Congratulations. Nice Save. PEACE:RONB

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be gentle opening the publication a full 180 degrees with the cover. Even if it seems solidly bound, it only takes a few openings to start a loose binding. It does look to be in great condition though. Nice score, I would call it a home run.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could not ask for a better find and it also was autographed by Jackie Robinson and another of equal stature - all I can say is congrats to you & your find - a ture treasure for sure & thanks for sharing it with us.

Texas ED

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am more than on a roll, this is the most important collection I got in my life.....so far, I counted 825 autographs Baseball/Hockey/Football/other.....completes sets and partial sets from 1965 to 1975 but all cards in mint condition....sold to a collector from NY who drove to Montreal to pick up this unbelievable collection of cards.....close to 3500 cards from 1965 to 1971 all mint fresh from packs....

Last night I was up to 25 autographed books...baseball/hockey, I know its going to be really hard to do better...lol

All in all, I found 8 Mantle's from 1965 and up + the 1952....ya you can call that a roll

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I am more than on a roll, this is the most important collection I got in my life.....so far, I counted 825 autographs Baseball/Hockey/Football/other.....completes sets and partial sets from 1965 to 1975 but all cards in mint condition....sold to a collector from NY who drove to Montreal to pick up this unbelievable collection of cards.....close to 3500 cards from 1965 to 1971 all mint fresh from packs....

Last night I was up to 25 autographed books...baseball/hockey, I know its going to be really hard to do better...lol

All in all, I found 8 Mantle's from 1965 and up + the 1952....ya you can call that a roll

Congratulations on an awesome find. The only thing missing from this response (and all of your threads) is a humble "thank you"

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great score and both of them got their major league start in Canada with Jackie Robinson starting his career with the defunct Montreal Royals.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you got it, Thanks to all of you for sharing, i love when collectors find rare stuff, it just happened to be me...

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is funny, 2 years ago i met this man who told me he had some vintage CFL collectibles. He invited me to is place and décide de to part with The collection that also held 1940's & 50's original boxing ticket...i sold The boxing collection but not The cfl cause i figured even If they were'nt worth that mutch The scarcity of The CFL collection and The looks of The items just freak me out.....

Last night when i answered this post,mi remembered that stuf....it Soo happened that The 2nd autograph in The Robinson book is Herbert Tramwick and guess what he played is last year in Montreal as an Alouettes in The CFL in 1957, that year was The last year of The rugby union, it was not called The CFL IN 1957...it became The CFL in 1958

Now, that Boeing said, The collection i kept hold A complete set on season tickets, uncut/unused, with some tickets still attached in groups, that is why i kept The collection cause finding ticket that old in this condition is very scarce....I also have A COMPLETE set of 1966 season tickets (Green)

Now i have The last year ticket of Herb Trawick + autograph....here's A few pictures....

Ho,my his is also part of The collection....autograph of Huntley Redpath Drummond from The first ever Dominion shampionship match....1884....also autographed by William Cornelius Van Horne

Here's A shot of The collection...

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite the collection of old football tickets, etc....should be worth a few bucks to someone.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Bill, it's hard to putt A value on these as a here is No benchmark to compare here in Canada...

I found i ticket identicle that sold for 275.00$ when i got The collection. Complete tickets from that era are becoming scarce items, in an auction it could go high but it also might freeze and be sold for less then expected...

On The other hand, The same book sold last year for a large chunk of $ with only Robinson signing it...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS A HELLUVA HOME RUN , SWEET .

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys....i pray for you guys now to get some Nice stuff...your Turn...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread