ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
12 of my 13 tanks were hungry so I went to a dive shop to get them fed. While I was there I got the urge to go play again. So off to the old swim area. As soon as I got there I got a call from the person I got the boat parts for yesterday. He now dropped his anchor off the bow of his boat in his slip. Told me another 50.00 will be waiting at the marina tomorrow when I retrieve it. So another job tomorrow.

So I went out with one tank and had a bit more fun. Got my second V nickel from this spot. A 1907. Got my second EVER 16k ring. That is what it is marked but I do have my doubts. Looks more like 10K. Three mercs and a Rosevelt. 3 junk rings, 4 wheat's and a house.

Strange finds were the Triple A round key, and the round aluminum pendant maybe with a broken loop? Any ideas on either? The round key is with a strange Ford key. I have a few of them with the futuristic cars on them.

Upvote 24

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a Cornucopia of finds - rings - Mercs - Rosie's - wheaties - religious medallions & others "congrats" - think I am going to start taking diving lessons - anyway thanks again for sharing your post with us & wish you many more great finds.

Texas ED

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt and finds again - wish I had the time to hunt that you do
could your AAA thing be part of a 2 piece thing like this one ?
il_340x270.884563875_nswu.jpg

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice underwater finds! Something about that near east token is fascinating, though.

aj

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great time out Bob! My first ever seen 16k.. and only you could find it.. Great save!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
So today was "Tanks ... for the memories"? (Apologies to Bob Hope.) Serious bling (I've never heard of 16 K, but why not?) and those others. Thanks for sharing with us!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds yet again, congrats

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Scuba, that nickel is in great shape, the ring is a sweet find as well as many of your other finds. Congrats. :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! That 16k ring is probably legit, and from the 1920s! :occasion14:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow Scuba, that nickel is in great shape, the ring is a sweet find as well as many of your other finds. Congrats. :occasion14:

Actually that nickel is toast. They come out of the muck and sand clean, however there is no detail on it anymore. Water is backwards from land. Silver is black, nickels are clean.

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking that my posts might be overwhelming and starting to bore people. Tomorrow will find the anchor he lost off the front of his boat in his slip and then make another dive or two at the park. Hopefully will be able to scrounge up some other interesting trinkets.

The reason I absolutely love underwater parks is they haven't been pounded like land parks. Not a lot swam with money in their pockets but they did swim with rings and stuff. It sure would be nice to find an underwater pocket spill of gold coins!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR STUFF ON THE BEACH & WATER FORUM THOUGH TOO

Actually that nickel is toast. They come out of the muck and sand clean, however there is no detail on it anymore. Water is backwards from land. Silver is black, nickels are clean.

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking that my posts might be overwhelming and starting to bore people. Tomorrow will find the anchor he lost off the front of his boat in his slip and then make another dive or two at the park. Hopefully will be able to scrounge up some other interesting trinkets.

The reason I absolutely love underwater parks is they haven't been pounded like land parks. Not a lot swam with money in their pockets but they did swim with rings and stuff. It sure would be nice to find an underwater pocket spill of gold coins!!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great day. Love the finds. I think kalwarya is Calvary. Not sure of the language. Something eastern European. Maybe from a church in the home country or somewhere like Hamtramik. Really like mystery finds.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, I love that water stuff. I found more religious medallions in the water then any other sites.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I cant even imagine Ive gone out for hundreds of hours here in ann arbor 540 clad quarters 18 rings 412 dimes 1344 pennies 134 nickels only 49 silver coins this is 2 years and probably 800 hours give or take I cant imagine I did do silver lake like we were talking about my At pro was just constantly ringing up 10 to 26 vdi did find some coins digging in the water is not as easy as I thought Ive gotten a little better. Great job. Always look forward to your posts thanks for sharing. Tommy

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow I cant even imagine Ive gone out for hundreds of hours here in ann arbor 540 clad quarters 18 rings 412 dimes 1344 pennies 134 nickels only 49 silver coins this is 2 years and probably 800 hours give or take I cant imagine I did do silver lake like we were talking about my At pro was just constantly ringing up 10 to 26 vdi did find some coins digging in the water is not as easy as I thought Ive gotten a little better. Great job. Always look forward to your posts thanks for sharing. Tommy

Silver lake is hammered in the shallows, so is Bruin and Half Moon and Pickerel. I took 24 gold rings out of Silver the first weekend I dove there. The only way to find gold in one of them is to be the first in the lake after someone lost it or get lucky that someone missed going over it. I have a small advantage. Nobody hunts where I do or how I do that I know of.

No matter how good you are, someone out there is better. Hopefully they are not in my area.

Off to find an anchor and to make another dive or two at the park. Good luck out there to everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions