Another day, another grape (shot)

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I went to my regular site in Dover yesterday, and found another grape shot about 20 feet from where I found my first one ever a week ago. I also pulled a fired Minie, a fired round ball, a (dropped) pistol ball, and a couple of buckshot. Also, I picked up a lot of rusty nails, wire (!@#$%%), a horseshoe, and some .22 bullets. Not a bad 4 hours.

Does anyone have any idea how many 'grape' were in a shot? I have found 2 rather close to each other, but can't seem to find any others. Maybe thery're buried with the Yanks they hit...............................

Roger

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
I believe that there was 31 grape in a #6 canister shot that they used. There was also a top and bottom plate (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and about 1/8 inch thick) and a tin sleeve (about 12 by 18 inches) that held the shot together. It was also attached to a wooded sabot and filled with saw dust to buffer the shot. I doubt that you'll find either of those though! ;D

Two down...... twenty-nine to go!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Roger!

Merry Christmas!

;)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! There has to be a lot more still there! ;D HH

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
DigEmAll said:
I believe that there was 31 grape in a #6 canister shot that they used.? There was also a top and bottom plate (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and about 1/8 inch thick) and a tin sleeve (about 12 by 18 inches) that held the shot together.? It was also attached to a wooded sabot and filled with saw dust to buffer the shot.? I doubt that you'll find either of those though!? ?;D

Two down...... twenty-nine to go!
RAMJET, DigEm hit the nail on the head, This Load Was Very Much Like A Very Large ShotGun, God Only Knows Where All The Shot Went. trk5capt... 8) 8) 8)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe somebody dug up the other 29 "dead" yankees............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread