Another Day In My Yard

S

SonjaMarie

Well I hit my yard again today and I'm definitely getting better at distinguishing signals, betw too infrequent and very insistent.

At first I only found a small piece of jagged metal, but then I got a very strong signal and found two more of those heavy metal hinges I've found before, still have no idea what they were on.?

But in that area I was still getting a strong signal and a few inches down I found something very big and metal, at first I thought it was a pipe but it seemed to close to the surface, so I started to dig around it and under it and soon it came out.? It looks like it's a very large and heavy axe head.? It still has it chopping edge and the place to put the wood to hold it.? Not sure how old it is or how long it's been there.

Then a few feet from there another strong signal and I dug up the head of digging trowel!? I had to sit there looking at it and laugh outloud at my find.

My last hole only had a rusted nail and a small flat piece of metal.? I was still getting a signal in the hole but the soil where it "thinks" the item was was too hard to dig and it was getting to cold out so I gave up on it.

Sonja Marie

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD FOR YOU SONJA. Sounds Like you Had a Great Time. Happy Hunting ; jeff

J

Jim Cal

Sonja, You are now on the cutting edge of metal detecting. Good luck and keep tellin us about those finds. Jim Cal

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Got a pic of the ax it may be a fort ax or old and worth some money.

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

I need batteries for my digital camera, won't be able to get those til Friday.

I went out again, first across the street on the right side of my house but it was too rocky and I didn't feel up to digging rocks at the time, so went to the area by the other beach on the left side of the street by my house and only found crap but I see it as cleaning out the junk to find the good stuff.

Sonja Marie

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Hello Sonja. Sounds like your getting the hang of pinpointing your targets. But I'm just dying to read the title of one of your next posts: "Went to the park today and found coins!".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SonjaMarie said:
I see it as cleaning out the junk to find the good stuff.

Sonja Marie
SONJA, you're sounding like a PRO already. Keep after it ;) The goodies ARE there

C

chaazz

First the back yard then the town, then the world----- Your Hooked Lol

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Stay with it Sonja.
I've dug probably fifty, or so, axe heads in my career and I still enjoy finding them. Occassionally you'll find one that can actrally be cleaned up and used (wirh a new handle, of course).

As the saying goes, "The more you hunt, the luckier you get".
I enjoy reading your posts.
BRD

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Sonja,

Sounds like your removing a lot of big signals from your yard. That's good! Soon you'll have a well tuned ear, you'll know your machine, and you'll have lots of interesting finds.

Keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread