Another day of firsts!!

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out this afternoon for a few hours to a house built in the early 1900s that some friends own. I just recently found my first IH and Merc just down the block from this house so I was extremely hopeful. I dug the first target by a old tree and out comes my first buffalo. 1936. I was extremely happy. This coin was on my list and now i can mark it off. Then 5 mins later I dug a target that was in the dime/old penny range. I dug with my shovel this time and as i laid the plug to side the silver was laying on top of the ground under my shovel. I was ticked cause i literally scraped my shovel across the top. Luckily i did no damage. I thought it was a merc and i turned it over and saw the barber...WOW, so pumped at this point! I never thought I'd get one of these esp this soon. I found about a dz pennies, dimes, nickels combined, nothing special. Then as I was winding up I hit a spot right in front of the house and found three wheats just a few feet apart. two 1916 D's and one 1920. So all in all it was a great day! I also found an old pocket knife, old compact which had a broken mirror, watch buckle clasp, a couple other 'what is its' and the head of an old left handed golf club, no markings that i can tell. Looks like a 5 iron. def old. Enjoy the pics. Sorry about the detail on the wheats. Afraid to clean them.

Attachments

• buf nickel find.jpg
    buf nickel find.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 298
  • silver dime back.jpg
    silver dime back.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 298
  • silver dime front.jpg
    silver dime front.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You had a very good hunt Billy!! Those are nice coins and as I always say "Any Buff you can read a date on is a good one". WTG & HH, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread