another did i ruin my coin post........

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
>:( today i was looking at my new large cent, aweing over it. then my little nephew came up to me and asked to play baseball. i was like sure, so i put the coin in its mylar and in my pocket, 2 hours later after running around and whatnot i remembered the coin....... i pulled it out and now im depressed. the outer rim edge is nice and shiny now :( so im still sad and would like to know what you think. this one i was going to have slabbed, now im not too sure what the outcome will be. its a really pretty coin... was

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
opps pic. see the very very outer edge like 1mm, its now a shiny copper, will this effect it? dont look at the small corossion either 8)

Attachments

• CIMG5389.JPG
    CIMG5389.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 412

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think it'll hurt it. Just leave it alone though :)

The detail on that coin is really nice ;D

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I don't think it would be worth sending that one out. It is a very common date in lower grade. The trend on it is equal to what it would cost to get it certified.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
you really think its only worth 12 bucks??? wow, i would make a bad grader. well, my goal is to get 1 large cent from every year slabbed, not every variety but 1 from every year.

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
chong2mry said:
you really think its only worth 12 bucks??? wow, i would make a bad grader. well, my goal is to get 1 large cent from every year slabbed, not every variety but 1 from every year.

I certainly think it is worth more than $12. You will have a pretty impressive collection if you reach your goal! Heck, it will be a great collection even if you lack some. Good luck getting it done!

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
If you want to do that then at least get the more common dates in better grade. That coin is worth about $20. By the time you ship, insure and certify it, it will cost you $20 with PCI.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
oldplacesnofinds, tell you what. If you have any large cents laying around "common dates" in this condition, with that LITTLE O SO SEXY HAIR CURL to the left of the ear, i would LOVE to pay you 20.00 each, any ammount, I will even send you the shipping box with stamps. Just send me a pm, SERIOUSLY!!! Shoot you can even make a buck or two off me. And for the grading, i wont be sending to PCGS, ANACS is my choice.unfortunately, mainly i have are cents with mild corrosion and the other graders wont accept alot of my older coins. (sorry struggling by at the moment :-\), but hey, in generations ahead of me, they might be happy with my preservations.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Anacs is not cheap either and they will note any corroded coins. I still say, for the lower grade, common coins use PCI. Sometimes they give you a break if you send 10 or more in. Sign up for their email monthly specials. I just sold off the rest of my Large cents a couple months ago. Let me see what I can come up with. Let me know what dates you are interested in or need.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
I said it was worth $20. It has a cud at the top and it is pitted. This brings down the value. It is also a very common date. It is a nice looking coin, just not worth certifying.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
wouldnt the "cudd" add to the value, alot of the coins from this year have the mark, also a little to the left there is another style

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it was a mint error, yes. Look at the L in Liberty, seems to have some kinda error also.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Older coins are loaded with mint errors so cuds usually do not add to the value. Newer coins with a cud or a off centers bring a premium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions