WoofWoof

Greenie
Apr 28, 2012
Gettysburg
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT Pro, Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Diggers filmed a show in my hometown of Fairfield PA that was part of their Gettysburg segment. I know the gentleman that owns the property they hunted and I also hunted there last Saturday. I turned up some nice items and then had a long talk with the land owner.

The present owner is in his 80's and the property has been in his family since early 1800's. The Diggers were very respectful of the property and returned all of their finds to him. Some of the finds were sure to have been treasures of his past relatives and of course he is very grateful for their return. I can also say they did not plant any finds and the show aired only what was really uncovered there.

This gives me a new found respect for the guys, yes their over the top antics and rather bizarre language abbreviations make me shudder but it is after all an attempt at entertainment. The irony of all of this is that Ric Savage's wife Rita is also from our small town.

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Diggers work with Nat Geo in producing and making that show. They actually are corny but they have an Archaeologist that documents every item they find. On the Nat Geo website there is a link that shows what she does with each item prior to bagging it. They do not make any money off of the finds and like you said they give it all to the owner of the property which is respectful. I know I posted this before but they have been credited with finding one of the houses of the Hatfields and McCoys, as soon as they realized it was the homestead they called in the pros and handed the site off to them.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oy....those "shows"

THAT being said, Tim and George (yes I know who they are) seem like pretty cool guys, and I know they hype things for the show.
And GOD does it trump that "wrassler's" show (puke)

I would like to see them in ten years when the hype is gone and we can just DETECT with no cameras..

Now THAT would be fun.

Last edited:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see this show on air any longer. Was it cancelled? Is there another season planned in the future?
I see it a LOT on natgeo....

(diggers) not the one with the fat washed up ex wrestler who plants finds and yells like a water buffalo.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread