Another Error Quarter ?

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
I tried to take good pictures of it, see what you think, is it or isn't it a error quarter ? Are these things worth any money to anybody ? 101_8128 (1).JPG 101_8138.JPG

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, but how can anyone NOT know this is a damaged coin!

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well gosh I guess I apologize for posting this but you know ALL ERROR COINS ARE DAMAGED, I mean come on, give me a break, hee,hee

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Well gosh I guess I apologize for posting this but you know ALL ERROR COINS ARE DAMAGED, I mean come on, give me a break, hee,hee

Actually, not all error coins are damaged. A little study, and you would know this.

Time for more coffee.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to look for error coins you really need to study the minting process. There are countless things that can happen to a coin after it leaves the mint. With a good knowledge of the minting process you will know what can or can not happen during minting, this coin definitely could not have left the mint this way.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well first of all I have the entire RedBook Series from 1990 to Present, I have been finding coins since about 1957 and have 4 Complete Collections of the what some people call the Indian Pennies and 3 Complete Collections of all of the Pennies from 1856 to Present, 2 Complete Collections Liberty Head Nickels, 1 Complete Collection of the Buffalo Nickels, the same in Jefferson Nickels, 2 Complete Collections of Mercury Dimes, 1 Complete Collection of Roosevelt Dimes and the list goes on, but I'm NOT A COIN Collector per say, I have NEVER PAID ANY MONEY for Coins, I just find them. Just like I found this odd looking quarter, I can accept the fact that it was probably "Damaged" after it was minted, okay, I got that but to Belittle Me that I don't know anything about coins, that's totally unacceptable. I have also been a Active Gold Miner/Prospector since 1971 (after I got out of the Military Service) and I found this coin (Quarter) recently in a creek bed on My Mining Claim in La Panza, Los Padres National Forest, San Luis Obispo County, California. I was on my way to my recent Strike, I had to cross this creek to get to my mine, which by the way is a Very Rich Strike, I'll post a few pic's here for you Pilgrims (hee,hee). And before you fellas start going off and tell me no such thing exists, I'll follow up and supply a 1972 Report from the USGS which perfectly explains the geology of this rare occurrence. So in these few pic's you'll see the MELT of the ELECTRUM on and through the Granodiorite or "DIORITE" Granite and Even the Plain Jane Diorite is also infused or disseminated into and with Gold and Silver (plus other Sulphide Minerals & Metals). Assays are in Transit, Preliminary Tests have already occurred. This might be my Lucky Quarter, hee,hee... 101_7985.JPG 101_7992.JPG 101_7993.JPG 101_7994.JPG 101_7997.JPG 101_8000.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You "found" 3 1856 flying eagle cents? :notworthy:

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I'm sorry, but how can anyone NOT know this is a damaged coin!

Umm, probably the same way that people don't know coins are silver and they bring them to the bank, don't know jewelry is gold and it goes to Salvation Army, don't know old books can be valuable so they get tossed...…..not everyone knows what you happen to be passionate about....and remember, he or she came on here to ask a question, not to be publicly shamed for their lack of knowledge......smh….

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't mean to insult you. It's just a mangled quarter. I'm a prospector- miner also. President of one of our local GPAA chapters. Look forward to hearing the results of your assay.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
enamel7, well that's something, Thanks ....It's still My Lucky Quarter, in fact I drilled a hole through it and put it on my key chain. I've posted more about this find in the Thread of "Questions about Electrum" in the Gold Prospecting column of which I think you'll find interesting. There's more than Gold & Silver in stake here, there's the PGM's of which I'm after, of which I found all of them together in one location and then not too far away found this new one that I suspect is the same except is Highgrade, but only a assay will tell and the assay has been sent. If you follow the Geological Data of the Bushveld Igneous Complex (Africa), Stillwater (Montana) and other areas around the world for the PGM Deposits that also produce Gold & Silver, you'll find that the Granodiorite, "Diorite", Olivine Diorite, etc. plays a Significant Intermediate Role in the crystalization of these Noble Metals. Attachment here is my Lowgrade 2014 assay. Rhodium is the BIG PRIZE, let alone all of the others going up. Darrell, 101_8238.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread