Another final shaker table video

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! I also understand and can appreciate the time involved just from what I see in the video! There is a lot more going on there than what most people think!!

Cool video!

I haven't looked into it yet. One thing I'm curious about by watching the video. Does the rate of vibration? have an effect too? I'm not sure what it's called frequency? maybe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh sure....it makes a difference, but generally you find the optimum rate and just leave it. The size of material may require a "best" speed, but it's not a critical adjustment. Usually somewhere between 200 and 300 PPM. I haven't done an rpm check, so don't know what I'm running there. On the mineral jigs, it seems to work best around 100-120. I think the wave tables do best a little slower than the shaker tables.
Jim

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Oh sure....it makes a difference, but generally you find the optimum rate and just leave it. The size of material may require a "best" speed, but it's not a critical adjustment. Usually somewhere between 200 and 300 PPM. I haven't done an rpm check, so don't know what I'm running there. On the mineral jigs, it seems to work best around 100-120. I think the wave tables do best a little slower than the shaker tables.
Jim

Here is a quote from GollyMcscience on rpm of tables.

"100 to 150 rpm is common on many tables - the faster rpm can move material quicker but there should be a pause long enough to get some wash and settle on the table to help clean the high grade. On some designs in fact if run at too high a speed the gold just sort of stands in place and will move more down the table than across. Part of this is because the table is moving so rapidly that the gold can't settle and hang on to move. Like the table cloth trick where the table cloth is yanked out fast enough that everything stays where it is the same thing happens on a shaker table. They use a slight pause in the action to give the gold a chance to settle and stick while the table moves slow one way or between bumping actions. Then the table is moved fast and the gold slides to a new position where it is allowed to drop and hold again during the slow return stroke. The effect is that the gold "walks" across the table but that pause has to be there and be long enough or the action stops."

With regards to wave tables I think the jury is still out on the best rpm. My Hagaman wave table works just fine at 55rpm. My home build wave table runs just fine at 190rpm. Action Mining's wave tables operate at about 300rpm. Right now the idea simply is higher rpm faster table concentration.

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread