Another First - 1854 Seated with Arrows - Silver

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's 20 degrees and I have the day off, went outside this morning on a rare day off to find the ground under the snow is still soft. Because of how cold it is I just went across the street to an abandoned Victorian era home that I have hunted a little. Didn't get a single hit in the front, so walked around back and decided to poke around the old garage.

I dug up three cans in the first 5 minutes and was just about ready to head inside for some warm up coffee... When I got another can hit... Was walking away when I decided I had better just dig it so it won't be there next time... I dug a plug and was looking for my can when I caught the edge of a large coin... Well... To my surprise... A very old silver popped out of the ground...

My first seated... And a half none the less... I gotta go back out and find more...

Loving my fisher f2...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seated half. you are on a roll with the big silver. The wind chill was -2 in Pittsburgh when I went to work this morning, so that's some hard core digging.

OP
OP
PGHDigger

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the seated half. you are on a roll with the big silver. The wind chill was -2 in Pittsburgh when I went to work this morning, so that's some hard core digging.

That sounds about right... Short trips out with frequent warm up breaks... I got lucky with the half... The ground has been getting harder as the day progresses with no hope of it thawing anytime soon... I am done for the day now... That seated was the only non-zinc find of the day... I'll take it though...

I'm not sure how I'm gonna scratch this itch in the winter... I do have a crawl space out of my basement that is dirt floor, not much clearance but the soil is untouched and definitely hasn't been detected...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning seated half !, congrats on a great find!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't dig those everyday. Nice find. I actually found an 1854 seated quarter this past weekend.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread