Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i had to go help out at my grandparents farm, the place where i also found my 1941 merc and wheat cent. Well today after i was done helping out i had the detector in the car and hit a spot in the front yard that i had not hit before, i got a penny signal on my ace 250 but then the signal would hit iron. I decided to pin-point and thats when i realized there was actually 2 targets in the area, this got my hopes up a little thinking i might actually have a coin down there. I dug the plug and out popped my first IH penny and my oldest coin to date a 1901. The back looks like it has a lot of detail left but im pretty sure the front is pretty tore up under that junk. Thanks for looking and HH

Attachments

• FRONT AND BACK ih.JPG
    FRONT AND BACK ih.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0

kevin11

Mar 12, 2009
Bronson,Michigan
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Nice Colt,Good job with the penny.I think I have another place to check out. There's a place on Horkey road where a old brick house used to stand. The owners live in Detroit.I talked to the neighbore and he is going to ask them for us next time they come down.

Kevin

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That's a nice little IH! Heat up a bit of peroxide in the microwave for about a minute (or till it boils) and drop your IH in there for a while. Then rub with a bit of baking soda and it should come out looking pretty good.

Ray

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
i just plucked a 1901 indian myself the other day.......good pluckin

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice work Colt!

Congrats on the oldest yet!
You are getting pretty near breaking into the 1800s!
I predict it won't be long now.

Good Luck!
Mark

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your oldest coin and great job on digging a coin/iron signal, a lot of people don't, mistaking it for an iron false. That's how you find the good stuff. HH
John

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a great oldest!! keep swingin and more will come!!!

HH

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Great 1 cent piece :thumbsup:

Nice coin indeed.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
coltdavis said:
Today i had to go help out at my grandparents farm, the place where i also found my 1941 merc and wheat cent. Well today after i was done helping out i had the detector in the car and hit a spot in the front yard that i had not hit before, i got a penny signal on my ace 250 but then the signal would hit iron. I decided to pin-point and thats when i realized there was actually 2 targets in the area, this got my hopes up a little thinking i might actually have a coin down there. I dug the plug and out popped my first IH penny and my oldest coin to date a 1901. The back looks like it has a lot of detail left but im pretty sure the front is pretty tore up under that junk. Thanks for looking and HH

my friend your turning into a pro with that Ace

congrats on your wonderful finds and posts

better start wearing gloves with that machine
it is gettin smokin hot in your hands

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! Keep looking. An area is NEVER hunted out. As weather related soil changes occur, you will be surprised by how much more you will find. Where was the old garden... swing (old tree, still standing or not).....Chairs..... ? Get the picture? TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread