Another first at beach hunting.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Well I haven’t been out for about two weeks. The last time I went was kind of slow. Today was about the same. The only thing different was I had another first experience at detecting. I caught a fish yes a fricking fish. You should have seen the looks I got when I came out of the surf with a live fish on the end of my coil. I apparently snagged a fish line that had three hooks on it. Luckily I didn’t get hooked by the other hooks. I released the fish and threw the tackle away. I didn’t find anything but clad and trash today, but I caught a fish. You just never know what you will find. I need to get a camera.
HH
Dale

Upvote 0

MikeDahms

Jun 25, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
Congrats on the unique find perhaps next time it will be bigger and you'll be hungry.
I also want to ask you about the binford 500 super hunter you have listed. Google doesn't know anything about it, so what is it and are they something you would recommend? Mike.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope you had your fishing license on you....Matt

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
now thats a differant kinda find --it was the fishes lucky day rather than yours , I guess. ;D just wondering what kind and size was it?

sirlostalot

Jul 22, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MikeDahms said:
Congrats on the unique find perhaps next time it will be bigger and you'll be hungry.
I also want to ask you about the binford 500 super hunter you have listed. Google doesn't know anything about it, so what is it and are they something you would recommend? Mike.

I think he's refering to the Home Improvement show. Tim Taylor has a fictional show about home improvement and its sporsered by a fictional company called Binford and everything Binford make is big.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
so folks don't get it --"binford" tools --- tim the tool mans motto --- more power --power good ---ugh.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
LoL, I'm gonna try to talk him into posting a picture of it...... :icon_scratch: I think....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
just be glad it was't 100 lb test and a bull shark --* I could image the story --there you were detecting when a massively strong "something " grabbed your detector dragging out of your hands and it out to sea * --

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was it a steelhead?

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Were you using a Fischer Detector....heehe just wondering DFD. havent been over your way in some time, but good to hear that if the finds are slow one could always detect a fish dinner!
peace bro
GG

Sand Scoop

Oct 7, 2006
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT--Excal II
I don't know how many sinkers I've dug in the water with 2 or 3 hooks attached to the line. I've been lucky so far not to end up with one of the hooks in the toe when digging up the sinker. I figured it might not be a bad idea to carry a small scuba knife just in case I get a hook in the toe and the sinker is still buried underwater,at least I can cut the line and hooble to the beach..

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Sorry I haven’t replied to this post. My scum sucking mortgage company is trying to put in the streets.
But! On the other hand they can’t get my detector.

sirlostalot said:
MikeDahms said:

I think he's refering to the Home Improvement show. Tim Taylor has a fictional show about home improvement and its sporsered by a fictional company called Binford and everything Binford make is big.

Ya your right. I will provide a photo soon.

Piercesdad said:
was it a steelhead?
Not sure, my detector nulls on steel.

ivan salis said:
was it silver colored?
Yes! And a bit red around the hook area :-\

graffixgirl said:
Were you using a Fischer Detector....heehe just wondering DFD. havent been over your way in some time, but good to hear that if the finds are slow one could always detect a fish dinner!
peace bro
GG
I couldn't of kept it for dinner, The birds wanted it real bad, I had to throw it back real fast so I wouldn't get pooped on. :tongue3:

Sand Scoop said:
I don't know how many sinkers I've dug in the water with 2 or 3 hooks attached to the line. I've been lucky so far not to end up with one of the hooks in the toe when digging up the sinker. I figured it might not be a bad idea to carry a small scuba knife just in case I get a hook in the toe and the sinker is still buried underwater,at least I can cut the line and hooble to the beach..
Humm never thought of that. I have stepped on things that have taken me for a ride. My heart beat really fast for a bit.

Oh well back to the scum sucking mortgage people.
Yall have a great day.
And hey if they take my house I can live on the beach and detect 24 a day.
Always looking on the bright side ya know.

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Well that's different 8)

Now I hope you get to stay home. That sucks. Hope it doesn't come to metal detecting for survival but at least you know you could if you have to.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I come from thats called dinner. If I came home with a fish while detecting my husband might go with me then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread