Another first back at the "Ranch"

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another first back at the "Ranch"

That's what I call the front yard. The back yard is "BYU" for Back Yard University. I dug my first ever Buffalo nickel right outta my front yard!!!! So far I dug my first Mercury dime, first and second war nickels, first wheat, first Rosie, and NOW my VERY FIRST BUFFALO NICKEL!!!! My yard is a kind and gentle soul. It loves me. It cares deeply for me. It spoils me......I love my yard ;)

Today's 30 minute hunt at the "Ranch" yielded a 56' Jefferson, two wheats, one nail and one buffalo nickel.

Laater...

Attachments

• TodaysDigs.jpg
    TodaysDigs.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 483
  • BuffaloNickelObverse.jpg
    BuffaloNickelObverse.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 522
  • BuffaloNickelReverse.jpg
    BuffaloNickelReverse.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another first back at the "Ranch"

Hey there, how old is you home?. Back when I was a teenager we lived in a house that was built in around 1930. I had a similar experience there, it was loaded with buffalo nickels and wheats. Did find a few silver coins but mostly the other. Great finds!!!

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DANGLANGLEY said:
Hey there, how old is you home?. Back when I was a teenager we lived in a house that was built in around 1930. I had a similar experience there, it was loaded with buffalo nickels and wheats. Did find a few silver coins but mostly the other. Great finds!!!

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Patriots.3...Chargers.0 said:
DANGLANGLEY said:

I cannot wait to get my detector. My house was built in 1940, but it is less than 250 yards from the center of my little town, which was fully incorporated and began building up in 1907. I have the potential to find a lot of goodies in my yard. Excavating a small pool liner that is destined to become an ornamental pond, I found a huge oil field wrench, and some iron "pig" bars....So I cannot wait to see what coins turn up. Or I will end up going nuts because of big iron buried in my yard.

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Libralabsoldier said:
Patriots.3...Chargers.0 said:
DANGLANGLEY said:

I cannot wait to get my detector. My house was built in 1940, but it is less than 250 yards from the center of my little town, which was fully incorporated and began building up in 1907. I have the potential to find a lot of goodies in my yard. Excavating a small pool liner that is destined to become an ornamental pond, I found a huge oil field wrench, and some iron "pig" bars....So I cannot wait to see what coins turn up. Or I will end up going nuts because of big iron buried in my yard.
Sounds like you have a great environment there. That is the kind of dcenario that a lot of MD'ers dream of. The iron that is that big will most likely sound of as shiny coinage. Dig it all!!! The more iron that comes out of the ground the more true coinage in its proximity will become readily available to you. GL!!

Laater...

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Will.post.kudos.for.your.buffalo.nickel. ;D

Kudos, Will! ;)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Now that's what I call a convenient hunting site. Excellent find Quit.Changing.Your.Name! WTG on the Buff!

HH!
TBGO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You may never have to leave the ranch, Will! 8)

Awesome!!!!

Nana :)

P

PHANTOM35

VERY COOL , GOOD LUCK FINDING MORE. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread