Another first for me... shiny coins?!?!

cabal43

Greenie
Mar 1, 2011
I just wanted to share with the forum another first for me, as I strive to be an active member :)

I went home to wait for FedEX and decided to finish my front yard. This time around... something shiny lurked...

FIRST_SILVER.jpg

Looks like I have found my first silver... two dimes, a 1955-D and 1946. My neighbor says this is the longest time he has ever seen me out of the house, and has offered to let me search his yard (3x as big as mine).

Wish me luck! :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

cabal43

Greenie
Mar 1, 2011
I'm like the metal detecting equivalent of the hunter who shoots deer from his porch...

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Where you live Cobal.... Treasure Island :laughing7:? Just kidding. As so as my yard thaws, I'll test my Etrac........NGE

OP
OP
C

cabal43

Greenie
Mar 1, 2011
notgittinenny said:
Where you live Cobal.... Treasure Island :laughing7:?

Haha... yeah, I wish. While I know it was a joke, I live in Monterey, California. Not a lot of that gold and silver history here, but I have a bunch of places I am looking forward to checking out. People with large properties, etc.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Wish I could find some silver in my yard. Good luck on your neighbors yard....Matt

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, its cool your getting out !! :headbang: Keep us posted on the other lawn !! :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ It and HH !! :D ;D

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cabal43 said:
notgittinenny said:
Where you live Cobal.... Treasure Island :laughing7:?

Haha... yeah, I wish. While I know it was a joke, I live in Monterey, California. Not a lot of that gold and silver history here, but I have a bunch of places I am looking forward to checking out. People with large properties, etc.

Lots and lots of history there.One of the oldest settlements in the STATE!!!Dont set your expectations too high on large vast wildlands as that is what they were back then.Most of your activity back then is right around where it is now! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

cabal43

Greenie
Mar 1, 2011
Thanks for the motivation Kuger. This weekend I plan on hitting a beach in Carmel for fun, and then at some point an old property in Carmel Valley that belongs to a friend. I have also lined up some places to poke around along Highway 68 (very rural) just to see what I might find.

I wanted to update this post as I have found another silver dime and 6 wheat pennies since the last post. I also started a spreadsheet which I plan on updating each day I use the machine. This should be a fun thing to look back on and see if I have gotten luckier or picked better sites to play on. These most recent finds have all been on my property or my neighbors though, as I work a 9-5 type job weekly and don't have a lot of daylight left to travel to a spot to troll.

Anyone should be able to view the document, and I encourage others to try something similar out :)
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...kJFdnRpRTZjZWh0SFZRSUE&hl=en&authkey=COm938kJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread