Another First for Me!

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
A few weeks ago I posted about finding my first Indian Head penny, well yesterday we got permission to hunt a new property. It contains a building which was a store in about 1920 and a house built around the same time. We dug there for the first time and was not very impressed with what we were finding. Mostly trash and pull tabs. Then we started angling towards the house and started finding some cool relics. The first one was what appears to be an old headlight. I don't know what it came from but it was cool. Then we found part of a harmonica and a piece that looks like it came from a pocket watch. And then we found our first coin pocket spill! All four coins came from the same hole: A 1929 buffalo nickel (my first!); a 1950 Roosie dime; and two wheat pennies, 1939 and 1944. This site is looking like it has some promise! Thanks for looking!

vicki

Attachments

• 6-12-11.jpg
    6-12-11.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 524
  • SSSS.jpg
    SSSS.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice recoverys :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

OP
OP
vic910

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Freehunter76 said:
That site sounds like it has promise to me also....... Go Slow, hit the area from different directions, and smaller coils if you have them!

Good Job :icon_thumright: HH! Freehunter......

Thanks for the advice Free! I wish I did have a smaller coil, but I'm doing okay without it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread