Another first last night! Pic added...

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
I haven't been able to get out for a few days due to rain, and silly reasons such as work ::), so I decided since the sun was finally shing last night, I was going out. I hit the park where I found my first silver half about 10 days ago, and things were going slow. The dynamic duo, my mini schnauzer hunting companions, were enjoying some quality exercise and I was digging lots of cans and can slaw. I managed to find a clad quarter and memorial penny, as well as flushing a couple of pheasants, and was making a circuit in an area I hadn't hunted, and got a good dime/quarter hit in a relatively trash free area, so dug my plug. Not more than 2 inches down what should appear, my first SLQ, dated 1925! I was shocked & pleased to say the least. It's one I've really been wanting to find, and this park has given me 2 firsts!

Anyway, keep swinging and best of luck to everyone, always stellar finds on here! Take care...

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 343
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
Re: Another first last night!

Good job. Can't wait till I find my first. You got yourself a great place to hunt obviously (trashfree) is always a pleasure.

Re: Another first last night!

Congrats!!! The SLQ is one of the most beautiful coins in our history in my opinion. I have yet to find one, so it is still on my list.

Jim

Congrats,

They are nice to find. And even nicer when they have a date.

HH Jer

Beautiful coin and glad you can read the date! I have yet to dig one but I was lucky enough a few years back to find one (1927) laying right on the surface of a freshly bulldozed area. Sounds like you have a good area to keep checkin. Thanks for posting.

Looks like that one had made it around the block a few times but still, Silver is Always good. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back