Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was walking Miss Daisy tonight around the canal park we go to sometimes and came to a clearing where I could see an agricultural field. I could see a dark animal that looked like a groundhog so I used the camera lens to see and behind it I saw the fox once the lens focused. I snapped the pic before it disappeared into the woods. I should have anticipated it might come out of the woods onto the path we were on because a minute later that is exactly what happened. It saw me at the same time I saw it and it stopped giving me a nice frontal view when it froze. I dropped Miss Daisy's leash, the bag of doggy-doo:tongue3: and stepped on the leash to prevent her from running, raised the camera and it was gone!:BangHead: You know what they say about hindsight:dontknow:. Saw the deer across the river on an island just after and the little red squirrel was along the canal being harassed by that bully blue jay again this morning. Chipmunk was also from this morning.

Attachments

• K1600_Fox and groundhog.JPG
    K1600_Fox and groundhog.JPG
    602.1 KB · Views: 65
  • K1600_Island deer.JPG
    K1600_Island deer.JPG
    646.6 KB · Views: 53
  • K1600_Red Squirrel.JPG
    K1600_Red Squirrel.JPG
    509.7 KB · Views: 57
  • K1600_Chipmunk.JPG
    K1600_Chipmunk.JPG
    480.4 KB · Views: 56

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oooooh a four legged fox

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Old Dude, once again great pics! However, you gave us a bonus of the great story!! :occasion14:

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
You still got some super pics. I have missed lots of good photo opportunities from not being ready. I know how you feel, but there will be a next time.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really look forward to checking in to see what you and Miss Daisy saw on your walks! The pictures and stories are wonderful! The chipmunk is just the cutest thing!

Hammer Stone

May 19, 2016
Deep Woods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the chipmunk. When I lived in Fl. I used to see a family of red foxes. They lived in an undeveloped area at the back of the neighborhood along the St.Johns river. Eventually, they got crowded out as that patch of woods and one of my favorite fishing holes also got developed.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the chipmunk. When I lived in Fl. I used to see a family of red foxes. They lived in an undeveloped area at the back of the neighborhood along the St.Johns river. Eventually, they got crowded out as that patch of woods and one of my favorite fishing holes also got developed.

Ah,the Saint Johns River in Jax Fla...my old stomping grounds with the Gators and Moccasins.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang OD when am I going to see some of your finds? I like the pics, but sure do miss you MD posts.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the chipmunk. I wish we had them here. Your pics are always incredible and I bet Miss Daisy loves those walks. You always take us all along. Thanks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread