Another Gold Rush Era belt Buckle !

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would dust off my White MXT detector and do some hunting in areas I usually hunt with my Minelab 4500 for nuggets. Over the years I have spotted flat areas that could have been used as camps during the Gold Rush. What better detector to use than a vlf with a vdi and disc. option. My detector of choice many, many years ago was the Whites MXT....still a work force in 2020.So after putting in new batteries I headed to the gold field camps! The first few hours it was nothing but bullets, small bits of non ferrous Chinese opium tin pieces, shot gun shells and .22 cal cartridges. I hunt in relic mode as I like the 2-tone option high tone for non ferrous and a low tone for ferrous. After a bout 4 hours ...I hit a sweet spot that produced a nice old 40's - 50's pocket knife,  and this stamped Gold Rush era tongue holder! My 5 hour hunt reminded me how nice vlf detectors are in iron infested areas and a reminder to take it out more often as digging all targets can be a back breaking ordeal, and cherry picking just a better option at times.

Attachments

• 20200306_165713.jpg
    20200306_165713.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 4
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting