Another good "clad" GLAD day with my Whites MX5 at a local city park

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just another very GLAD "clad" DAY at a Florida Panhandle city park that I have been to several times. Found a total of 53 clad coins - 18 quarters, 16 dimes, and 19 cents for a $ total of $6.29. My 1st hunt for March on a "cool" windy day in the high 40's & low 50's. Also found a 2007 Chuckie-Cheese token. The dated like this 2007 "CC" tokens are very collectible.

Happy Hunting Everyone & GOOD LUCK.

P1010058.jpg P1010062.jpg

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

NOTE: My total coins found for 2019 so far:

JAN. TOTALS: 151-Quarters, 103-Dimes(1-1947-D SILVER), 3-Nickels & 104-Cents for a total of 361 coins and a $ TOTAL of $49.24
FEB. TOTALS: 1-Half, 221-Quarters, 160-Dimes, 5-Nickels & 85-Cents for a total of 472 coins (all clad)..... and a $ TOTAL of $72.85

ALSO total (GOLD/SILVER) Jewelry found for the year = 3 Sterling .925 Silver RINGS

Last edited:
Upvote 12

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a good day in the park. The clad always moves you forward in battery and gas money hobby expenses.

Love my mx5 also, a very capable machine.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a good day in the park. The clad always moves you forward in battery and gas money hobby expenses.

Love my mx5 also, a very capable machine.
Hey, Don....Thanks for your comment - I use all rechargeable batteries for my detecting equipment and I always ask for them for Christmas & birthdays - and have not bought batteries for years. Also I always look for chargers & rechargeable batteries at backyard sales & flea markets and have found several very cheap under $1. But that "clad" sure helps with gas - HAPPY HUNTING, my friend.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concladulations! It all adds up. think of it this way....essentially you have found silver and gold in the clad form. All you have to do is convert it!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job clad adds up quick
Everyone has to find a chucky cheese token is part of the rules lol Well done

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Concladulations! It all adds up. think of it this way....essentially you have found silver and gold in the clad form. All you have to do is convert it!
Exactly,.......I love finding old coins but I save ALL copper/brass/bronze scrap of wire/tubing/hardware and it does mount up -- I also save all 95% copper cents and roll & keep them with copper at almost $3 a pound makes a 95% copper penny worth almost 2-cents each just in melt value.......Thanks for your comment, my friend & HAPPY HUNTING.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good job, congrats! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Panhandle Bill, great finds! Where do you hang out in the Panhandle? I spent a week in Panama City Beach a couple weeks ago and did some beach hunting myself. Ran into several extremely nice detectorists, super guys! Bored with the beach, I wandered inland and found Frank Brown Rec Complex. Seeing two local LEO's parked there, I told them I was from out of state and what restrictions there were, if any on detecting public sites. (Park rules said nothing re detecting). Friendly LEO said "No restrictions, find some treasure!). The complex was finely groomed so i relegated my detecting to parking areas. We also took the time to tour the areas hit by the hurricane...wow, horrible! Even Tyndall AFB got pounded. But nice finds, thx for sharing, Ddf.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Panhandle Bill, great finds! Where do you hang out in the Panhandle? I spent a week in Panama City Beach a couple weeks ago and did some beach hunting myself. Ran into several extremely nice detectorists, super guys! Bored with the beach, I wandered inland and found Frank Brown Rec Complex. Seeing two local LEO's parked there, I told them I was from out of state and what restrictions there were, if any on detecting public sites. (Park rules said nothing re detecting). Friendly LEO said "No restrictions, find some treasure!). The complex was finely groomed so i relegated my detecting to parking areas. We also took the time to tour the areas hit by the hurricane...wow, horrible! Even Tyndall AFB got pounded. But nice finds, thx for sharing, Ddf.

Hey, Ddf.....I don't live in a town or city but own a Home in the country in Gadsden County right on the Florida/Georgia border - So hunting in Georgia is just as close for me as hunting in Florida so I Love hunting both states but have hunted Panama City Beach several times. I was born in Northern Illinois and lived there until age 46 when we moved to Florida in 1988 -- and being 77 now retired living here for 31 years - frankly I do not miss the very cold & snow & ice winters in northern ILL but I did LOVE hunting them "black dirt" fields/yards/parks in Illinois and found thousands of SILVER coins because I started detecting in 1971 when 90% of all dimes/quarters/halfs/dollars found in the ground were SILVER - so the "Good Old Days"----And I see you have found many nice & old silver coins in your Ohio area as well. Wishing you GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting, my friend. BILL

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx for the kind reply Bill! Wow...started detecting on 1971...when most everything in the ground was silver and clad had only been polluting the system for 7 years...I could not wrap my head around that lol...also on the beach there in Panama City (Destin Beach?)..I (we) found a TON of 50 cal. rounds, mostly live. I know Tyndall AFB is nearby, but man... just how could all those 50 cal. rounds make it to the beach? All dated circa 1944...it seems they had to be dumped for some reason, and then hurricane Michael pushed everything to the shore line. But anyway Bill, thanks again for the reply...made my day, my friend. God bless, Happy Hunting...Ddf.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Any day that the quarter finds closely equals the penny finds, you have had a good hunt! Well Done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread