Another Good Day!

lko_88

Greenie
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Hit the same roadside park with some more success. I found my first silver half in 4 years. The 1949 Franklin came after about an hour of detecting at 5" down from a beautiful mark. It was really nice to see a big silver rim again.
Hunted for another hour or so and then called it. I was driving home and noticed a chapel that I never really noticed before. I took the country road out and realized that this chapel had some potential. There were 2 old school houses around it, not quite sure why, and also a larger open field next to one of them. I asked a neighbor who I should contact for permission and luckily, he was the person to talk to and had no problem with me detecting there. I found the two silvers, a '45 merc and a '46 Rosie, in about 30 minutes of hunting. It was a great lead to a future spot.
HH and hope this stays up!! :laughing7:

Attachments

• rsz_100_0226.jpg
    rsz_100_0226.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
another excellent day, by the look of it.
have you been toning that roosie on the woodstove?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good day indeed! :icon_thumright:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!!!! MR TUFF

mismi

Feb 10, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & White`s BeachHunter 300 ID
Very nice Franklin Half Dollar. Looks like you will be in pretty good shape to find more with the new spot you acquired at the chapel. Nice to be able to get permission that easily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread