Another good German day any idea on the cross??

sarasotadigger84

Feb 26, 2015
Bradenton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this happened while testing out my new M2 night lights. Using my Ace 300. First before dark I unearthed a beauty 1921 aluminum 50 duetches reichmark phennig. Then at night at about 3 inches in farm soil I unearthed this bronze or copper cross with a beautiful details. Looks like a loop on the back that was used as a necklace. I'm really curious on this one. IMG_20181217_064505.jpg IMG_20181217_144042.jpg IMG_20181217_144049.jpg

Upvote 11

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you hunting near an active or old Camino de Santiago or Jakobsweg path.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No complaining, just wondering, its totally legal. I know I have done it my self, even when I did the Camino (LOL), pretty cool finds for sure.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We call them 50 Pfennig 'detectorist commemorative coin' because of the motto 'sich regen bringt segen' on the back. It means 'to stir brings boon' or so. And because you find them everywhere....
The cross is fairly modern by style, i'd say not older than 30 years. These were hung over the front door (indoors). You can see the three legs you hadn't on jewelry.

OP
OP
S

sarasotadigger84

Feb 26, 2015
Bradenton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I am aware of as far as coming de Santiago...thanks for the info on the phennig and cross. I figured it was used for something like that.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there even one in Florida??

Not that I am aware of; I have only walked it once my self, other times I have done it was with a bike or velomobile. Five times starting in Germany and once in Italy.

But I guess you could begin your pilgrimage from any location on the globe; I figure you would be best skirting up the east coast line to Canada, get on a ferry to Greenland, from their to the Faroe, and from there to Denmark.

But seriously I have no idea.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Im from Florida but now live in Germany

Stationed there, what part are you in. I was there for almost 20 years, Germany in the winter and Italy in the Summer; had it been up to me it would have been Croatia in summer and Winter in Italy.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like our Appalachian trail. But we see god in the Natural Beauty of it!

Nice relics congrats!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Im from Florida but now live in Germany

I guess myself and others should quit assuming a members location by what they show in their Profile. Maybe I will change mine to BFE and everyone can assume what they want! Sorry to be sarcastic but many folks want to know what their' found item is and how old it is but much of the time, if the location (Country or region) where found is not known, members have no reference per se to go on to try to identify the item. It's kind of like telling an American in English, "I am going to take a dusche" not thinking to use the English word, "shower".??? My ex-wife who is German made that mistake many times with my family and many friends.:laughing7:

Guten Abend und viel Glück!

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess myself and others should quit assuming a members location by what they show in their Profile. Maybe I will change mine to BFE and everyone can assume what they want! Sorry to be sarcastic but many folks want to know what their' found item is and how old it is but much of the time, if the location (Country or region) where found is not known, members have no reference per se to go on to try to identify the item. It's kind of like telling an American in English, "I am going to take a dusche" not thinking to use the English word, "shower".??? My ex-wife who is German made that mistake many times with my family and many friends.:laughing7:

Guten Abend und viel Glück!

Thats pretty funny, speaking Germarican.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Id nice finds those Garrett are great Machines.....

OP
OP
S

sarasotadigger84

Feb 26, 2015
Bradenton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all!! I'm loving the finds that are coming out. I really can't wait to hit a old coin spill or old silver and gold coins. Who knows...might hit some Nazi treasure if I swing right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread