Another great coin machine find!!

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. You all should remember the 1911 British sovereign I found last Nov. in the reject tray of the coin counting machine at a branch of my bank. I thought I'd never have another great find from there again. WRONG!! Headed over there this morning to cash in some clad. As always, I checked the reject tray. Was pleased to find a '69 Canadian quarter (99.9% pure nickel), a cruddy clad US quarter, and a small coin I thought was simply another misc. foreign. Imagine my surprise when upon examining it more closely, it turns out to be an 1866 nickel 3 center!! WOW!! My first 3 cent coin!! And again, I didn't even need my detector!! Also found a 5 cent Euro coin just under the front of the machine. Pics below!! YAY!!

Attachments

• Picture 13.jpg
    Picture 13.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome i had never seen one of those before and now they are popping up everywhere:icon_thumright:

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find!!! That looks like mine that I found under the sidewalk a month ago. Kind of pitted but a keeper no doubt!!! Awesome Paul!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread